The AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 processor is designed specifically for PC enthusiasts with the power of dual-core technology. The next generation of games will demand unprecedented performance to provide an extraordinary level of realism and awesome 3D graphics. Systems based on this powerful chip feature two processor cores operating at 2.8GHz with 2 x 1MB (2MB total) L2 Cache to deliver leading-edge performance for the most demanding entertainment or multiple applications.
The new Socket AM2 from AMD is designed to enable platform innovations such as AMD Virtualization and high-performance, unbuffered DDR2 memory (up to DDR2 800) to the award-winning AMD64 architecture. Other features include support for 3DNow! Professional technology and SSE3 to accelerate multimedia applications, enabling stellar performance when working with audio, video, and photography software. This advanced chip represents a leap forward in both speed and power for AMD, and is a stellar performer which can do anything you ask it to.
- AMD64 Dual-core TechnologyAMD64 is designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With dual-core technology there are two complete processor cores in one physical package running at the same frequency to deliver TRUE multi-tasking power, allowing users to switch from one program to another without pausing for the computer to catch up and reducing annoying processing pauses.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. The Athlon 64 FX-62 AM2 processor is equipped with HT technology to enable a system bus speed of up to 2000MHz, delivering a maximum of 8GB/s I/O bandwidth.
- AMD VirtualizationVirtualization on desktop computers allows a single PC to act like multiple virtual machines. AMD Virtualization can enable client computers to seamlessly support multiple operating environments. And it also helps make it easier for PC enthusiasts to upgrade and maintain their PCs through emulation.
- CNQ: Cool'n'Quiet TechnologyAMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology is an innovative solution available on AMD Athlon 64 processor-based systems that can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.