Enabling scalable multi-core desktop computing and featuring two processor cores each operating at 3GHz with a 128KBx1 (256KB total) L1 Cache and 1MBx2 (2MB total) L2 Cache, the dual-core AMD Athlon 64 FX-74 Socket F (1207FX) processor can perform calculations on two streams of data to increase efficiency and speed while running multiple programs and the new generation of multi-threaded software.
This adept processor is designed for people who want to stay at the forefront of technology and for those who depend on their PCs to keep them connected, informed, and entertained.
- AMD Quad FX Platform SupportFeaturing two AMD Athlon 64 FX dual-core processors with DSDC (Dual Socket Direct Connect) Architecture for mega-tasking, the AMD Quad FX platform doubles your digital media application performance over two-core platforms. Adding another processor doubles the cores, available memory bandwidth up to 25.6GB/s and the amount of high-speed on-die cache.
- AMD64 Dual-core TechnologyAMD64 is designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With dual-core technology there are two complete processor cores in one physical package running at the same frequency to deliver TRUE multi-tasking power, allowing users to switch from one program to another without pausing for the computer to catch up and reducing annoying processing pauses.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT technology the AMD Athlon 64 FX-74 Dual-core processor enjoys 2000MHz system bus speeds.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.
- CNQ: Cool'n'Quiet TechnologyAMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology is an innovative solution available on AMD Athlon 64 processor-based systems that can effectively lower power consumption and enable a quieter-running system while delivering performance-on-demand.
- AMD VirtualizationVirtualization on desktop computers allows a single PC to act like multiple virtual machines. AMD Virtualization can enable client computers to seamlessly support multiple operating environments. And it also helps make it easier for PC enthusiasts to upgrade and maintain their PCs through emulation.