The next-generation AMD Opteron 1212 processor features Direct Connect Architecture with new features, including the new AM2 Socket, AMD Virtualization (AMD-V) and energy efficient DDR2 memory. The AMD Opteron 1212 processor is a dual-core design with AMD’s advanced performance-per-watt capabilities. It represents a dramatic leap forward in compatibility, performance, investment protection and reduced total cost of ownership (TCO).
This powerful processor operates at 2.0GHz with a 2 x 1MB (2MB total) L2 Cache for significantly enhanced overall system performance and incredible efficiency in complex computing environments such as CAD, graphics and scientific workstation platforms, entering server platforms and high-end gaming desktop systems.
- AMD64 Dual-core TechnologyAMD64 is designed to enable simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. With dual-core technology there are two complete processor cores in one physical package running at the same frequency to deliver TRUE multi-tasking power, allowing users to switch from one program to another without pausing for the computer to catch up and reducing annoying processing pauses.
- Integrated DDR DRAM Memory ControllerThe AMD Opteron 1212 Dual-core processor is integrated with a DDR2 DRAM memory controller capable of supporting registered and ECC DRAM. The integrated memory controller changes the way the processor accesses main memory, resulting in increased bandwidth, reduced memory latencies, and enhanced processor performance. Usage of DDR2-667 memory will provide each processor with up to 10.7GB/s memory bandwidth.
- HyperTransport TechnologyHyperTransport Technology (HT or HTT) is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase communication speeds between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment. With HT technology the AMD Opteron 1212 Dual-core processor enjoys 1000MHz system bus speeds and up to 8.0 GB/s bandwidth per link.
- AMD PowerNow! TechnologyAMD PowerNow! technology with Optimized Power Management can deliver performance on demand while minimizing power consumption.
- Enhanced Virus ProtectionAll AMD processors equipped with AMD64 technology are Enhanced Virus Protection-enabled. Enhanced virus protection acts as a preventative measure causing viruses to be localized, short-lived, and non-contagious, eventually being flushed from system memory.
- AMD VirtualizationVirtualization on desktop computers allows a single PC to act like multiple virtual machines. AMD Virtualization can enable client computers to seamlessly support multiple operating environments. And it also helps make it easier for PC enthusiasts to upgrade and maintain their PCs through emulation.