Apple AirPods Pro
Premium sound. Personalized comfort. And powerful active noise cancellation. The AirPods Pro pays attention to every detail to redefine your listening experience. Immerse yourself in the sound, or switch to the Transparency mode to hear what's happening around. Whether it's music, calls, streaming or gaming, everything will be enjoyed in an elevated way.
Arrival of the fittest.
We refined the details of comfort, creating a new class of in-ear headphones with a customizable fit that forms an exceptional seal for Active Noise Cancellation. You’ll feel your music, not your headphones.
Choose from three sizes of soft, flexible silicone tips that click into place. Find the best fit — and get the best sound — by using the Ear Tip Fit Test.
These internally tapered tips conform to your ear shape, keeping AirPods Pro secure. And with vents helping equalize pressure, you feel like there’s nothing in your ears.
Active Noise Cancellation
Sound that cuts out the noise.
AirPods Pro are the only in-ear headphones with Active Noise Cancellation that continuously adapts to the geometry of your ear and the fit of the ear tips — blocking out the world so you can focus on what you’re listening to.
An outward-facing microphone detects external sound.
AirPods Pro then counter it with equal anti-noise, cancelling the external sound before you hear it.
An inward-facing microphone listens inside your ear for unwanted sound, which is also eliminated with anti-noise.
Noise cancellation is continuously adjusted at 200 times per second for truly immersive sound, so you’re fully tuned in to your music, podcasts, and calls.
Want to hear what’s happening around you? Just press and hold the force sensor on the stem to move between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode — which lets outside sound in, and allows things to sound and feel natural when you’re talking to people nearby.
And when you’re talking face to face with someone in a noisy environment, Conversation Boost helps you hear more clearly by focusing on the sound of the person directly in front of you.
Everything you hear is unheard of.
Enjoy superior sound quality with Adaptive EQ, which automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear for a rich, consistent listening experience.
1. Powerful bass is delivered by a custom-built high-excursion, low-distortion speaker driver.
2. An inward-facing microphone hears sound as you do. AirPods Pro then fine-tune the audio by adjusting the mid and low frequencies.
3. The amplifier powers the speaker driver to remove background noise and works with the H1 chip to control listening levels.
4. A super-efficient high dynamic range amplifier produces pure, incredibly clear sound while also extending battery life.
Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking turns movies and TV shows into a theater-like experience, with sound that surrounds you in exactly the right place.1
And with Apple Music, spatial audio with dynamic head tracking places sound all around you to create a three-dimensional listening experience.
Performance and design
A chip with serious chops.
Tech-packed yet compact, AirPods Pro are built around our System in Package design — featuring the H1 chip that powers everything from sound to Siri.
The Apple-designed H1 chip employs 10 audio cores, creating incredibly low audio processing latency that enables real-time noise cancellation.
The System in Package design is meticulously arranged, with the placement of each component based on the form of the human ear — maximizing comfort, fit, and stability.
Use the force sensor to easily control music and calls, and switch between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode. You can also touch and hold the volume slider in Control Center on your iPhone to change modes.
Designed to keep up with you, AirPods Pro are sweat and water resistant,2 and they feature an expanded mesh microphone port that improves call clarity in windy situations.
Charge wirelessly. Use tirelessly.
With the MagSafe Charging Case, AirPods deliver more than 24 hours of battery life. The charging case is compatible with wireless chargers, including MagSafe — making wireless charging a snap with easy attachment for added convenience. When the battery is low, AirPods Pro send a notification to your iPhone letting you know it’s time to charge.
More than 24hrs of listening time with multiple additional charges in the case3
Up to 4.5hrs of listening time on one charge4
Around 1hr of listening time on only 5 minutes of charging5
Simplicity from start to Siri.
Just like AirPods, AirPods Pro connect magically to your iPhone or Apple Watch.
Automatic switching allows sound to move seamlessly between your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV when connected to multiple devices.
Use the Ear Tip Fit Test to create the optimal listening experience — you’ll get the right tip size for your ears, and the best seal for noise cancellation.
A simple “Hey Siri” summons your favorite personal assistant. Control your music, calls, volume, directions, and more — without lifting a finger.
And with Announce Notifications, Siri can automatically read important notifications from Messages, Phone, Calendar, Reminders, and other apps as they arrive.
Share a song, podcast, or other audio stream between two sets of AirPods with Audio Sharing.6
- Spatialize Stereo supports stereo content with iOS 15 or later, Apple Music with Dolby Atmos or 5.1, and video content recorded in 5.1, 7.1, and Dolby Atmos from supported applications.
- AirPods (3rd generation) and AirPods Pro are sweat and water resistant for non-water sports and exercise. AirPods (3rd generation) and AirPods Pro were tested under controlled laboratory conditions, and have a rating of IPX4 under IEC standard 60529. Sweat and water resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge wet AirPods (3rd generation) and AirPods Pro; refer to https://support.apple.com/kb/HT210711 for cleaning and drying instructions. The Wireless Charging Case and MagSafe Charging Case for AirPods Pro are not sweat or water resistant.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2019 using preproduction AirPods Pro with Wireless Charging Case and software paired with iPhone 11 Pro Max units and prerelease software. The playlist consisted of 358 unique audio tracks purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding). Volume was set to 50% and Active Noise Cancellation was enabled. Testing consisted of full AirPods Pro battery discharge while playing audio until the first AirPod Pro stopped playback. The drained AirPods Pro were charged to 100 percent, then audio playback was resumed until the first AirPod Pro stopped playback. This cycle was repeated until both the AirPods Pro and charging case were fully discharged. Battery life depends on device settings, environment, usage, and many other factors.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2019 using preproduction AirPods Pro with Wireless Charging Case and software paired with iPhone 11 Pro Max units and prerelease software. The playlist consisted of 358 unique audio tracks purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding). Volume was set to 50% and Active Noise Cancellation was enabled. With Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency turned off, listening time was up to 5 hours. Testing consisted of full AirPods Pro battery discharge while playing audio until the first AirPod Pro stopped playback. Battery life depends on device settings, environment, usage, and many other factors.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2019 using preproduction AirPods Pro with Wireless Charging Case and software paired with iPhone 11 Pro Max units and prerelease software. The playlist consisted of 358 unique audio tracks purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding). Volume was set to 50% and Active Noise Cancellation was enabled. 5-Minute charge testing conducted with drained AirPods Pro that were charged for 5 minutes, then audio playback was started until the first AirPod Pro stopped playback. Battery life depends on device settings, environment, usage, and many other factors.
- Works with iPhone 8 or later and iPod touch (7th generation) with the latest version of iOS; 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation or later), 11-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), and iPad mini (5th generation or later) with the latest version of iPadOS; and Apple TV 4K with the latest version of tvOS.