The ASUS A8N5X motherboard, based on the high-performance NVIDIA nForce4 chipset, offers amazing value for a Socket 939 AMD platform with its high quality, cutting-edge features and low cost. The NVIDIA nForce4 chipset supports the HyperTransport bus capable of data rates of up to 2000MT/s, allowing you to take full advantage of AMD's potent Socket 939 processors including the Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2 and Athlon 64 FX products.
Featuring onboard Gigabit LAN, 2 PATA and 4 SATA connectors with NV RAID support and 8-channel onboard audio with optical and coaxial S/PDIF ports for digital audio transmission, the ASUS motherboard also comes with ASUS’ unique AI NOS, Precision Tweaker and PEG Link features to further enhance the motherboard’s already amazing performance.
- NVIDIA nForce4 ChipsetThe NVIDIA nForce4 media and communications processor (MCP) delivers unbelievable PC performance with PCI Express graphics support and cutting-edge features including SATA with RAID support and NVIDIA Gigabit Ethernet. The NVIDIA nForce4 chipset delivers maximum PC performance with future-proofing features for the demands of tomorrow.
- Universal PCIe SlotThe ASUS Universal PCIe Slot provides freedom and flexibility with the utilization of the PCIe interface. With the Universal PCIe Slot, an additional PCIe graphics card can be installed for a dual VGA solution in a single motherboard.
- Precision TweakerDesigned for serious overclockers Precision Tweaker offers a powerful arsenal of overclocking options to help you achieve maximum system performance!
- AI NOSThe AI NOS (Non-delay Overclocking System) technology intelligently detects system load and automatically boosts performance for the most demanding tasks. Unlike other dynamic overclocking techniques, AI NOS reacts at blazingly fast speeds to help you achieve the speeds you desire.
- PEG LinkThe PEG (PCI-Express Graphics) Link enables GPU and VGA memory throughput boosts via the motherboard BIOS. Delicate fine-tuning of PCI-Express card parameters has allowed ASUS to achieve enhanced system stability during high-speed graphics operation.