The ASUS GeForce GTX 680 graphics card ships with the NVIDIA latest GTX 680 GPU for astounding video performance with superior power efficiency and offers ASUS exclusive GPU Tweak utility for real time card adjustment and monitoring.
Based on the much anticipated new architecture Kepler (the successor to the Fermi architecture), the NVIDIA GTX 680 is not only the world’s fastest GPU but also the most power efficient one. The streaming multiprocessor is redesigned for optimal performance per watt. GPU Boost technology is also employed to dynamically increase clock speed to improve performance within the card's power budget. With the GTX 680, you need just two 6-pin connectors. This is because the GTX 680 draws at most 195 watts of power, compared to 244 watts on the GeForce GTX 580. Play games quieter and cooler.
With GTX 680, gaming is smoother. FXAA and the new TXAA eliminate jaggies. Games get super smooth edges without tanking the performance. Adaptive V-Sync improves upon a feature that many gamers swear by. So you can play with V-sync enabled and not worry about sudden dips in framerate. Finally, a single GPU now powers a full NVIDIA Surround setup plus an accessory display. There is simply no better way to play a racing game or flight simulator. Add in NVIDIA PhysX technology, and the GTX 680 delivers an amazingly rich gaming experience. For upgraded gaming experience, SLI technology lets you link up to three GeForce GTX 680s together.
- GPU TweakThe exclusive ASUS GPU Tweak offers: automatically checking and updating driver and BIOS versions to keep your graphics card protected; monitoring widget providing detailed multi-parameter information; the most authoritative graphics card information tool GPU-Z allowing you to view accurate card information and status; and 2D/3D switcher can lock the card in 3D for higher benchmark.
- Kepler GPU ArchitectureNVIDIA's Kepler GPU architecture has been designed from the ground up not just for maximum performance in the latest DirectX 11 games, but optimal performance per watt. The new SMX streaming multiprocessor is twice as efficient as the prior generation and the new geometry engine draws triangles twice as fast. The result is world class performance and the highest image quality in an elegant and power efficient graphics card.
- NVIDIA GPU BoostUp until now, GPUs have operated at a fixed clock speed when playing 3D games, even if they have the potential to run faster. GPU Boost intelligently monitors graphics work load and increases the clock speed whenever possible. The result is that the GPU always performs at its peak and you get the highest framerate possible.
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical SyncNothing is more distracting than framerate stuttering and screen tearing. The first tends to occur when framerates are low, the second when framerates are high. Adaptive V-Sync is a smarter way to render frames. At high framerates, V-sync is enabled to eliminate tearing, at low frame rates, it's disabled to minimize stuttering. It gets rid of distractions so you can get on with gaming.
- NVIDIA Surround with Up To Four MonitorsNothing is as breathtaking as playing your favorite games across three monitors. At 5760 x 1080, the expanded field of view fully engages human peripheral vision and provides for the most immersive experience in racing and flight simulators. Add in a fourth display to keep tabs on chat, email or web while you are gaming.
- Two New Anti-aliasing Modes: FXAA and TXAAAnti-aliasing smoothes out jagged edges but can be demanding on framerates. FXAA is a new antialiasing technology that produces beautiful smooth lines with minimal performance impact. And with Kepler based GPUs, you'll be able to enable FXAA in hundreds of game titles through the NVIDIA Control Panel. The second mode, TXAA, is an in-game option that combines MSAA, temporal filtering, and post processing for even higher visual fidelity.