Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
ASUS M4A78 Plus AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
OUT OF STOCK.
- AMD 770
- Phenom II / Athlon X4 / Athlon X3 / Athlon X2 / Phenom X4 / Phenom X3 / Athlon / Sempron
- DDR2 1066*/800/667 * Due to AMD CPU limitation, DDR2 1066 is supported by AM2+/AM3 CPU for one DIMM per channel only.
Boasting the new AMD AM3 socket, the Asus M4A78 allows you to elevate your rig beyond the standard limits with support for the next-generation 45nm AMD Phenom II processors. The board is able to reach memory speeds up to 1066 MHz for blazing fast memory access for today’s latest applications and games. A pair of PCI-Express 2.0 x16 cards can be mounted for cutting-edge graphic power with support for CrossFireX.
Besides the 2 PCI-Express 2.0 x16 lanes for the CrossFireX video, there is also a PCI-Express x1 and 3 PCI slots providing the flexibility for further system enhancements. Storage won't be a problem with 1-PATA connector plus 5-SATA connectors. Asus Turbo Key transforms the PC power button into a physical overclocking button. After easy setup, Turbo Key can boost performance anytime you like, without interrupting on-going work or games.
With current trends leaning towards green tech and energy savings, this board adopts the brand new 8+1 phase VRM power design to deliver improved energy efficiency, dramatically lower system temperature, and enhanced stability for overclocking. Furthermore, the Asus exclusive EPU (Energy Processing Unit) technology provides total power system efficiency by detecting current loadings and intelligently moderating power in real-time, helping save power and money.
- Socket AM3 Processor SupportBased on the AMD 770 chipset, the Asus M4A78 Plus supports the latest-generation AMD Socket AM3 processors including the AMD Phenom II X3 and AMD Phenom II X4 processor, as well as AM2 and AM2+ processors including the AMD Phenom, AMD Athlon and AMD Sempron series.
- ATi CrossFireX Multi-GPU Technology SupportATi CrossFireX is the ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform, enabling two or more discrete graphics processors to work together for boosted system performance and a breakthrough gaming experience.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. The on-board five SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 10 and JBOD for better performance, enhanced data security, and flexible capacity upgrades.
- Gigabit Ethernet ConnectivityThe Asus M4A78 Plus features a fast Gigabit network interface for high-speed LAN connections at up to 1000Mb/s data transfer rates with advanced security features to ward off malicious attacks. Gigabit LAN is ideal for supercharged seamless streaming of Internet audio and video content.
- Asus EZ Flash 2With Asus EZ Flash 2, simply press the pre-defined hotkey to launch this tool and update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS. You can update your BIOS only in a few clicks without preparing an additional floppy diskette or using an OS-based flash utility.
- Power EfficiencyAsus exclusive EPU (Energy Processing Unit) technology digitally monitors the CPU power and intelligently scales power up and down according to the work load for extreme energy efficiency.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy