Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX LGA 1151 Intel Z270 SATA 6Gb/s Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel Z270
- Intel for 7th/6th Generation Core i7/i5/i3/ Pentium/Celeron Processors
- DDR4 4266(O.C.)/ 4133(O.C.)/ 4000(O.C.)/ 3866(O.C.)/ 3800(O.C.)/ 3733(O.C.)/ 3600(O.C.)/ 3500(O.C.)/ 3466(O.C.)/ 3400(O.C.)/ 3333(O.C.)/ 3300(O.C.)/ 3200(O.C.)/ 3000(O.C.)/ 2800(O.C.)/ 2666(O.C.)/ 2400(O.C.)/ 2133
ASUS ROG Maximus IX APEX
Back to where ROG began
Based on Intel Z270 chipset, this board offers a solid foundation for building a powerhouse based on 6th/7th generation Intel Core processors. The new ROG Maximus IX Apex delivers bold design and unparalleled power, hearkening back to the origins of the brand. With an optimized layout and radical aesthetics, the Apex is engineered to smash performance boundaries and to look good while doing it. That makes it the perfect motherboard for overclocking addicts who push their system to the limits, or for enthusiasts who want to build a showcase gaming rig!
- Designed for 7th generation Intel Core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with USB 3.1 Type A and Type C connections, vertically mounted dual M.2 (via the DIMM.2 adapter) and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- Record-shattering overclocking design with a full suite of onboard features like dual BIOS chips, LN2 mode switch, watercooling system headers, thermal sensor connectors and probelt measurement points.
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for máximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Three exclusive SafeSlots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slots built for heavyweight GPUs
- Unmatched personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, two additional RGB headers and a 3D-printing friendly design
Redefining the limits
Maximus IX Apex is a motherboard built for serious performance. The ROG R&D team redefined boundaries with the Apex design -- elevating its overclocking potential to dizzying heights. Manufactured using some of the industry's highest-quality components, the Apex features a convention-breaking two-slot memory design on EATX to enable a highly optimized trace layout that reduces crosstalk and improves signal integrity. The Apex has already surpassed performance peaks by setting multiple world records to achieve global first places, breaking several long-standing records in the process. Among these record-breaking performances is the best Intel© Core CPU-frequency since the X58 platform-based motherboards, with a single-core, single-thread frequency of 7.383GHz, and 7.328MHz at four cores and eight threads. The new board has also set a reference base-clock (BCLK) record at 584MHz, and a memory frequency surpassing 5GHz in single channel — turning in a breathtaking 5041MHz! In total, Maximus IX Apex has secured eight WRs and 18 GFPs.
* All world records and global first places were verified on January 25, 2017, and are recorded at HWBOT.org.
Overclocker's Toolkit - 12 hardware-level controls
Maximus IX Apex includes an overclocker's toolkit with a dozen hardware-level controls to aid your overclocking experience. The motherboard's Dual BIOS allows you to experiment with different firmware versions and provides a path for recovery in case one becomes corrupt, and the onboard switch allows you to easily change between the first and second BIOS. The overclocker's toolkit also includes a Pause switch to halt the system, DRAM jumpers for quick memory configuration, and four PCIe switches for quick slot toggling. Other tools include Safe Boot and ReTry buttons, an LN2 jumper to aid POST at sub-zero temperatures, and a Slow mode switch. Combined, they're quick and easy time-savers designed to help you break more records!v
Four LEDs to show the current boot status
Jumper to enable special options and functions for liquid-nitrogen (LN2) overclocking
Instantly reduces the CPU ratio to 8X to bypass finicky benchmark passages
Activate to pause the system and fine-tune OC parameters mid-benchmark
Helps the system boot under extreme temperatures (?-120°C)
Four switches to independently enable or disable any of the four x16-length PCIe slots, for easy debugging
Two jumpers to enable or disable either of the DIMM channels
One press instantly initiates a hard reset
Instantly reset the PC and boot directly into a safe mode
Check the voltage via integrated measurement points
Instantly retune memory settings for a guaranteed boot
Switch quickly and easily between BIOS one and two
* Slow mode, Pause and RSVD switches require that LN2 mode is enabled
Specialized circuitry allows Maximus IX Apex to detect when condensation occurs on the back of the board. Divided into three distinct sections — CPU, DRAM and PCIe — the feature provides a useful warning when an area may be at risk of short-circuiting.
Bar-raising memory overclocking
ROG engineers adopted a two-slot memory design on an EATX motherboard, enabling a highly optimized layout for memory trace paths to minimize noise and improve signal integrity while allowing DDR4 overclocking to 4266MHz and beyond. ROG also works with all the major DDR4 memory vendors to ensure the best compatibility and real-world performance.
ASUS Pro Clock technology with Extreme Engine Digi+
The dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 7th Generation Intel© processors is what allowed Apex to set an overclocked BCLK frequency record of 584MHz*. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control — providing an exciting new way to boost performance to extreme heights. And, of course, Maximus IX Apex includes Extreme Engine Digi+ — ROG's revered digital power controller. With Texas Instruments NexFET MOSFETs, and with MicroFine alloy chokes, the Digi+ PWM controller with 10K black metallic capacitors and Extreme Engine Digi+ technology always delivers the stable and smooth core voltages.
* Base-clock overclocking range will vary according to CPU capabilities, cooling, motherboard support and tuning options. Ranges up to 650MHz are possible under some conditions.
Maximus IX Apex's exclusive DIMM.2 module is a bundled expansion card that allows two M.2 drives to be connected via a DDR4 interface. You can then add a memory fan to direct cool air to the M.2 drives to prevent throttling, ensuring maximum performance.
OS: Win 10 Pro 64-bit¦CPU: Intel Core Core i7 7700K¦Motherboard: Maximus IX Apex¦GPU: 2 x AMD 6990 running CrossFire¦Test Drive: Samsun 950 Pro 512GB¦Memory: 4 x HyperX FURY DDR4-2133 4GB¦Memory Cooler: Corsair Dominator Memory Cooler¦Chassis: In Win Standard ATX case¦Software: IOMeter 1.1.0 (performance benchmark)
Dual PCIex4 Gen 3 M.2
Maximus IX Apex features the DIMM.2 module which allows two NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 drives to be installed in RAID configurations for great performance. Add a third device to your RAID array via the PCH-side PCIe x16 slot and enjoy the world's fastest data transfer speeds on the Intel 7th Gen platform!
USB 3.1 Type A+C
Ultimate-Speed 10GBIT/S With Onboard USB 3.1
Aura lighting control
Customize LED effects with intuitive ASUS Aura Sync lighting-control software. Aura allows you to cast a stunning multi-color glow across your build via the ROG Maximus IX Apex's brilliant built-in RGB LEDs or attached RGB strips via the two onboard 4-pin headers. Fire up ASUS Aura and enjoy the creative freedom of nine lighting schemes - and watch all of the lights on your rig glow in perfect synchronization!
* The Aura RGB-strip header supports standard 5050 RGB LED strips with a maximum power rating of 2A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 2m.
** One extension cable is included. LED Strips and Aura Compatible devices are sold separately.
Outshine the competition
ASUS Aura Sync technology is the control hub for bringing your Maximus IX Apex illumination ambitions to life. With Aura Sync, it's easy to synchronize incredible lighting effects between compatible components, including RGB LED strips, graphics cards, keyboards and even mice! Change all LEDs in unison or employ dynamic modes to flow the illumination effects smoothly across all synchronized devices.
Fully dominate your water-cooling system
ROG's innovative Water-Cooling Zone lets you monitor your cooling system like never before. ROG Water-Cooling Zone's dual water-temperature headers and flow-rate header feed information straight into ROG's intuitive Fan Xpert 4 utility - so you can stay on top of the heat and stay cool in every game!
One-click overclocking and cooling
You don't need to be an expert to max out gaming performance on your ROG Maximus IX Apex build — because 5-Way Optimization sorts all the complex settings with a click, for instant, highly controllable performance boosts! Exclusive ROG technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system, based on real-time use — so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and networking settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, and productivity!
- Games run swiftly and smoothly with high-performance and prioritized bandwidth.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everydaay computing, and ensure extreme cooling efficiency whehen gaming.
- Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps, even under heavy loads.
- Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money and the earth.
SupremeFX - Shielded Audio, Superior Sound
Maximus IX Apex's awesome SupremeFX audio technology has levelled up, delivering an exceptional 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection for best-ever ROG recording quality! We've also added a low-dropout regulator for cleaner power delivery to the SupremeFX S1220A codec. It all adds up to audio that envelops you as never before!
Premium Nichicon Audio Capacitors
Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
Audio Line Shielding
Blocks electromagnetic interference from the motherboard or add-ons to provide cleaner audio.
Intel Ethernet - More throughput and less processing equals faster online play
ROG Maximus IX Apex features the very latest Intel Ethernet (I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy