Get more for your money with the TFORCE TA790GX motherboard by BIOSTAR. This ATX board supports AMD's Socket AM2 and AM2+ single- and multi-core CPU's including the Phenom, Athlon 64 X2 and Sempron processors. Install up to 16GB of DDR2 memory with dual channel support to power through complex operations. Hyper Transport 3.0 technology massively increases the CPU bandwidth at lower power levels for cooler operation.
The board features the AMD 790GX chipset with an integrated ATI Radeon HD 3300 graphics adapter. Two PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots support CrossfireX technology to deliver maximum horsepower to take on any graphics challenge. It supports HDMI output – letting you display your video on any HD flat-screen television. The onboard audio chipset delivers 8+2 channels of sound to enhance your viewing or gaming experience.
Besides the two PCI-Express 2.0 x16 lanes for the CrossFireX video, there are also 2 PCI-Express 2.0 x1 and 2 PCI slots providing the flexibility for further system enhancements. Storage won't be a problem with six SATA 3 Gb/s connectors. Four USB 2.0 ports allow you to attach peripherals and integrated Ethernet lets you connect to a home or business network.
- Socket AM2+ Processor SupportThe Biostar TA790GX supports single- and multi-core socket AM2+ and AM2 processors including Phenom, Athlon 64 and Sempron CPUs. This Socket AM2+ motherboard is ready for AMD’s latest 45nm socket AM3 processors, providing a cost-effective solution for future upgrades.
- Integrated ATi Radeon HD3300 GPUWith full support for DirectX 10, the ATi Radeon HD3300 GPU with 128MB on-board memory delivers movie-quality effects for the latest DirectX 10 games. Expect super smooth DVD and HD video playback with built-in hardware MPEG2/4 decoding.
- ATI CrossFireX technology and ATI Hybrid Graphics SupportATi Hybrid Graphics platform technology allows you to combine the performance of the HD3300 integrated GPU with an applicable ATI Radeon graphics card to bring enhanced gaming performance, productivity and power efficiency. ATi CrossFireX enables two discrete ATi Radeon graphics cards to work together for even greater 3D performance.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. The on-board six SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD for better performance, enhanced data security, and flexible capacity upgrades.
- HDMI OutputThe Biostar TA790GX features an HDMI output for connection to your high-definition video equipment. With the HDMI interface ensuring lossless transmission of high-quality HD video signals, play back HD contents on your computer and view them on your large HDTV set for more comfort.
- Gigabit Ethernet ConnectivityThe Biostar TA790GX features a fast Gigabit network interface for high-speed LAN connections at up to 1000Mbps data transfer rates with advanced security features to ward off malicious attacks. Gigabit LAN is ideal for supercharged seamless streaming of Internet audio and video content.