Pros: Ran every game I threw at it in high, except for games like pubg that aren't very well optimized.
Fell down the stairs while holding it and hit the wall and stairs with me, no dent marks on it.
Fans are pretty quiet.
Cons: Track pad is ok, tracks nicely but the left and right click function more like levers so if you are used to clicking thm towards the middle it will not work so well.
Overall Review: I highly recommend upgrading the ram to 16 GB ram. 8 is fine but if you really want to play games super nicely on ultra it is worth the upgrade
Pros: -Very good performance, I'm impressed for the price.
-Extremely good looking
-Not as heavy as I thought itd be.
-Very good mouse pad
-keyboard is GORGEOUS (even tho im not a hardcore gamer i do more schoolwork and multimedia than playing games). It looks a little too much gamer imo with the thick contour of the WASD keys but whatever, the red and the lights underneath the keyboard are beautiful. And also it has big sized keys and its very good for typing long texts and playing with hotkeys.
Cons: -It is a fingerprint magnet.
-Audio is loud, but the more you increase the volume the worse the quality is.
-Battery life is low, but i carry my charger so it never dies while using.
Overall Review: Overall the pros outweight the cons in my opinion. I bought it for performance, looks, and memory, but if you wanna play games exlusively I strongly recommend acquiring an ssd memory as hdd can get veeery slow in loading times. I could clean the fingerprints but meh it doesnt really affect me. Very happy with my purchase I recommend it :)
Pros: -It is a really good gaming laptop all around. Not only for its price but everything. I would tell anyone who wanted a gaming laptop, to buy this one. I read in many reports about people not liking the track pad, but imo it works just fine. Considering this PC is for gaming and you most likely will be using a mouse anyways.
Cons: There is a super fan thing that you can turn on fairly easy. I wish it had a auto turn on due to temperature. But it is barley worth saying, jsut wanted something in this box
Overall Review: I will and have recommend this PC to other.
I will be buying another for my wife so we can game on two beautiful pc together.
Nothing really needs changing. This PC and its build beat so many others, in price and specs compared.
Pros: looks nice
very fast boot up
very reasonably priced for the specs
Cons: this laptop crashes a lot, owned it for a few months now and the crashing happened from the 1st month of ownership
mine crashes at least 3 times a week if not more, this is without heavy use. often crashes while just watching a youtube video
would have given it 5 eggs if it wasnt for this issue,
i was a big fan of lenovo but i think after this laptop im gonna go for something different
Overall Review: i wouldnt recommend this to others given the crashing problem unless this is an isolated issue
Pros: Generally it is powerful for this price. You can play some games and use it for basic GPU computing.
Cons: After one year, this machine starts freeze after went to sleep mode.
Pros: Its really fast. Plays a lot of my games smoothly. I owned this for almost 1 year 6 months and so far no actual problem other then my mouse sometimes seems lagging
Cons: not much to say
Overall Review: personally i dislike windows 10. Yes its nice but this is a again personally opinion. Other than that i am satisfied with my purchase
Pros: - Lightweight
- M.2 SSD is fast and computer starts up quickly (though I haven't loaded all my programs yet)
- Back-lit keyboard
- RAM is upgradable and you able to add a 2.5" HDD or SSD as a secondary drive to increase storage (so you can have 2 drives), drive cable not required, but a daddy is. Hoping to upgrade the M.2 at a later date to make programs run faster.
- Very little bloatware, which was easy to dispose of - thought I left the Lenovo apps in place so I can test them more, but they do not slow down startup.
- A decent Graphics card, though I have not yet stress tested it with an HD and intense game.
Cons: - Windows 10 is Home Version (You can digitally upgrade to Pro but it costs about $100)
- Num pad keys are a little small for someone with big hands.
- Adding a secondary 2.5" drive requires a caddy to hold the drive in place and Lenovo DOESN'T sell them to you, you have to buy from third party (got mine off of e bay, came from China and I paid extra for expedited shipping and had to pay duties) the caddy was another $100 expense, but easy to install and worth it had a spare 2.5" 2TB Seagate Firecuda laying around so used it. I'm not happy I had to spend extra money to get the caddy, but I am glad I was able to get more than 256GB storage into this machine.
- The bottom cover is what you have to remove to get to the hardware upgradable areas; there are 13 screws and even with them all removed, the cover takes a bit to get off - so the upgrade area is certainly not easily accessible. Also (and more importantly than ease of access) the rear of the over that lips over the laptops hinge is VERY VERY VERY (less than 5mm in some spots) close to the copper fins that are part of the heat sink, removing the bottom cover has a high likelihood of bending or otherwise damaging the copper fins (I bent one, very slightly) but the damage was easy to do and easy to do accidentally.
- Lenovo tech support is AWFUL! You have to input your serial number on Lenovo's website and they show you your support "options" and when I tried to select Web Chat/Remote Chat - it came back saying that function is not available for your device model, other than forums, the only contact option available was by phone - I called them twice - the first technician had very little knowledge of computer hardware - the second call I was trying to get the caddy to install secondary hard drive, the woman was a moron, she kept asking for my contact information and address which had nothing to do with just getting a part number - I finally just hung up.
- Screen is a tad dark, even after adjustments, HD videos appear too dark in the shadows and too bright in the lights
Overall Review: Yes I would recommend this device for light gamers, students and any professionals that need a light but powerful computer
One thing I would change - Lenovo needs to ship this with a hard drive caddy, other manufacturers that ship similar devices, to this provide the caddies either already inside the laptop, as a spare part in the box with the laptop or sell the part themselves.
Pros: good KBD, nice size SSD for the price.
Cons: SSD/memory could be better quality/size.
Overall Review: The only drawback is for the same price one could get a slightly more powerful Asus.