(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter. Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking approx. 2 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking approx. 5 sec.).
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images. The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
(3) Manual cleaning
Auto, Preset (Daylight; Shade; Cloudy, Twilight, Sunset; Tungsten light; White Fluorescent Light; Flash), Custom (Approx. 2,000 degrees - 10,000 degreesK), White Balance Correction, and White Balance Bracketing
Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentamirror)
Approx. 95% vertically and horizontally (with Eye point approx. 19mm)
(1) Autofocus One-Shot AF Predictive AI Servo AF AI Focus AF (*Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF) *Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF
(2) Manual focus (MF)
19 points All AF points are cross-type at f/5.6 Center AF point is diagonal cross-type at f/2.8
Intermittent firing of built-in flash Effective range: Approx. 13.1 ft. / 4m at center, approx. 11.5 ft. / 3.5m at periphery * With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist beam is emitted instead. * Compatible with AF assist-beam (intermittent firing) of 320EX, 270EX II, and 270EX flashes.
Creative Zone (1) Program AE (shiftable) (2) Shutter-priority AE (3) Aperture-priority AE (4) Manual exposure (including bulb)
Basic zone (1) Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE / non-shiftable) (2) Flash Off (3) Creative Auto * When background blurring is set, shooting with flash is disabled. When the flash is raised, background blurring cannot be set. (4) Portrait (5) Landscape (6) Close-up (7) Sports (8) Special Scene Kids Food Candlelight Night Portrait Handheld Night Scene HDR Backlight Control mode
(1) Manual: +/-5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
(2) AEB : +/-2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
* If the exposure compensation exceeds +/-2 stops, the left or right icon appears in the viewfinder.
* Manual exposure compensation and AEB can be set in combination.
* AEB is set in the following sequence: Standard exposure, decreased exposure, and increased exposure.
* If AEB is used with the self-timer, the three bracketed shots will be taken in succession after the 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay.
7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor Metering with the area divided into 63 segments (9x7) 1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points) 2) Partial metering (center, approx. 6.0% of viewfinder) 3) Spot metering (center, approx. 3.5% of viewfinder) 4) Center-weighted average metering
(1) Auto AE lock * In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
(2) Manual AE lock * In the P, Tv, Av, and M modes, enabled with the AE lock button. (Press again to update.) * Enabled in all metering modes.
Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled * Electronic 1st curtain and mechanical 2nd curtain
1/4000 to 30 sec., Bulb (total shutter speed range) X-sync at 1/200 sec.
10-sec. or 2-sec. Delay
Single shooting Continuous shooting Max. approx. 5.0 fps * At 1/500 sec. or faster shutter speed, and at the maximum aperture (varies depending on the lens). Silent single shooting Silent continuous shooting Max. approx. 3.0 fps 10-sec. self timer/remote control 2-sec. self-timer Continuous shooting after 10-sec. self-timer (2 to 10 shots)
Shooting Modes Still photo shooting and video shooting
Focusing (1) Hybrid CMOS AF III * Covers approx. 80% (width) x 80% (height) of the screen area. (2) Manual focus *Manual focusing by enlarging images by approx. five to ten times
Metering Modes Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor. (1) Evaluative metering (315 zones) (2) Partial metering (approx. 10.0% of Live View screen) (3) Spot metering (approx. 2.7% of Live View screen) (4) Center-weighted average metering * AE lock possible. The active metering time can be changed.
Metering Range EV 0 - 20 (at 73°F/23°C at ISO 100); EV 0 - 18 (width Hybrid CMOS AF III at 73°F/23°C at ISO 100)