Flexible, marvell-based Performance Pro Series SSD drives provide consistent, reliable SATA 6 Gb/s performance in both single-drive and RAID configurations, whether you’re running Windows, OS X, or Linux.
- Fast reads and writes, regardless of file typeWith an impressive ATTO Max performance of up to 515MB/s Sequential Read and 440 MB/s Sequential Write, Performance Pro Series solid-state drives offer incredibly fast boot and application load times that will make you wonder why anybody still uses old-fashioned mechanical hard drives. This isn't just limited to files that can be compressed and decompressed on the fly — Performance Pro Series SSDs offer similar performance when reading and writing compressed and non-compressible data. Since serious PC users work with so much compressed data — audio, images, and video files are just a few examples — it's a difference you'll notice every day.
- SSD Benifits – Reliability, Cool and Quiet, with Low Power ConsumptionBecause SSDs have no moving parts, they can handle shock, vibration and temperature changes far in excess of traditional hard drives. That's important for desktop PCs, and essential for notebooks. Traditional mechanical hard drives spin at thousands of revolutions per minute. This takes power, and generates noise and heat. Since SSDs have no moving parts, there's no noise or vibration, and the lower power consumption helps keep things cool inside your PC.
- TRIM SupportThe Performance Pro Series SSDs offer TRIM support than can be enabled in Windows 7. Designed to maintain the performance of SSD at an optimal level over the lifetime of the drive, TRIM functions by actively deleting invalid data from the SSD’s memory cells to ensure that write operations perform at full speed. Since a memory block must be erased before it can be re-programmed, TRIM improves performance by pro-actively erasing pages containing invalid data, allowing the SSD to write new data without first having to perform a time-consuming erase command. To learn how to enable TRIM support in Windows 7, visit: http://blog.corsair.com/?p=3468.
- Built-In Advanced Garbage CollectionPerformance Pro Series comes with built-in advanced background garbage collection, which automatically uses idle time to optimize data storage, so that disk writes are consistently fast. Thanks to this advanced technology, the Multi-drive RAID Series supports Trim, making it a great choice for RAID arrays. Since this technology is built-in, you'll get strong performance with Mac OS X and Linux as well.
- 2.5” to 3.5" adapter IncludedThe 2.5" form factor allows for installation in most notebook PCs with no adapter required. If you're adding a Performance Pro Series SSD to your desktop PC, use the included 3.5" adapter to mount it in any standard hard drive bay.