Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - It does not need fan when used for low powered CPU 80W or less. I used it with a Intel Q9400 overclocked at 3.2 GHz and there was no need for the fan keeping the CPU at less than 50 deg C.
- It needs one fan for high powered CPU 90W or higher. I used it with a Xeon X5470 overclocked at 4.0 GHz. The Xeon X5470 is a 120W TDP CPU with a Tcase max of 60 deg C. During normal operation and using one fan, the CPU was kept aroung 50 deg C. During constant high CPU activity, the CPU was reaching and passing the 60 deg C for few seconds. I am going to install the second fan expecting to keep the CPU at healthy temperatures.
- I am confident it would work with 150W CPUs as well using two fans, not one.
Cons: - This heath sink is tall. It might not fit a narrow computer case
Other Thoughts: - I recommend this product or other Cooler Master heat sink.
- I definitely would buy this again.
This review is from: NETGEAR ProSAFE 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch (GS108) - Lifetime Warranty
Pros: - Manufacturer's lifetime warranty
- Great bus bandwidth, more than enough for SOHO and video server environment at home
Cons: - None
Other Thoughts: - I have several of these switches networked at home for a full video server environment using WD TV Live boxes and MS Windows server. Main switch is Netgear ProSAFE 16-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch with 3 GS108 switches at TV stations. They have been operating for three years now without any hickups.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: iStarUSA BPN-DE110SS-BLUE Trayless 5.25" to 3.5" SATA SAS 6 Gbps HDD Hot-swap Rack
Pros: - Door latches keeping drive secured.
- Easy installation.
- High quality looks and feel.
- Good ventilation keeping drive cool.
Cons: - Some people might argue it does not support 2.5" drives.
Other Thoughts: - I would recommend this rack for having removable hard drives in desktop computer.
- It does not have its own mini-fan for cooling. It might be needed if your PC does not have enough fans to move enough cooling air. This was not a problem for my PC with (6) six 120 mm fans (4 exhaust + 2 intake).