Date Joined: 02/12/17
Pros: Beautiful, soft lighting
Great air flow
Cons: Lights went out around the six month period.
Overall Review: Sad day but I blame myself for not investing in a little more.
Pros: Clear, vivid, screen w/ great color field
The screen itself is sleek (which I wasn't expecting)
It impressed my wife and she's not into tech.
Overall Review: This screen is a great budget 1080P gamer and non-gamer dream! My wife even loves the way it looks and she doesn't like to game. This is much better than I expected and I have to say thank you to Acer for a great product.
Pros: - I love the front end of this tower. If you're a minimalist, this will work for you.
- I put a full ATX mobo in with four fans, MSI 1660, and a wifi card and it worked out beautifully.
- Decent fan comes with the case. A little louder than my other ones but not anything to worry about unless you're sensitive to fan noise.
Cons: - The only con, which took an egg away for me, was the HDD section of the case. It's very odd how they tell you to install it.
(edit) the headphone jack has interference when plugged in. I guess you get what you pay for. Other than that it is an excellent case!
Overall Review: This is a great case with good airflow if you set it up properly. I don't see any case beating this out for the price! There were plenty of cut outs as well for wires and my rig looks clean for being a cheaper case. Thanks Montech for a great product!
Pros: - Intel WHO?!?!
- Fast, reliable, AND AFFORDABLE!!!
Cons: - None
Overall Review: This is the first time I've ever bought an AMD CPU and I'm over the moon! This is WAY better than paying Intel prices for lesser specs. Thank you AMD! YOU WILL HAVE MY CONTINUED SUPPORT!
Pros: - For a non-modular, it is nice to see all of the cables are wrapped in black to give a professional look to your rig.
Overall Review: Thank you Apexgaming for providing me with an affordable Gold rated PSU!
Pros: - This thing was built to last! I was worried that it wouldn't be as sturdy as it turned out to be.
- Never felt like I was going to break it (except when putting in the USB 3.0 which I think everyone feels the stress there).
- 4 Pin headers for fans (be mindful of this when purchasing cheaper fans as you might have to use molex to the PSU instead).
Overall Review: When my parts arrived this box and the exterior box the items came in were damaged pretty badly. This is UPS's fault not Neweggs. While I was worried something would be broken, this board has shown no signs of wear. Great board w/ extra PCIe slots and more.
Also, if anyone gets confused like I did...this board IS compatible with Ryzen 3000 series AND can be used for EITHER Ryzen CPU's with or without integrated graphics. Great option for future builds where my needs may change. Thank you MSI, I WILL BE BUYING FROM YOU AGAIN!!!
Pros: - Compatible w/ Ryzen 5 3000 CPU's
- Minimalist design, which I prefer
- Smaller heat spreaders that come in handy when building small builds
Cons: - Since I'm new to this I'm not sure if this was because of the bios or the RAM sticks themselves. I won't give an egg off for that reason. When I started up my rig, they were showing to be 3000 speed instead of 3200. I fixed this in the bios and was done.
Overall Review: Nothing to say here...Good quality at a great price!
Pros: - Easy to install; just put it in your PCIe slot and plug it into your USB header via your mobo and your good to go!
Cons: - Really isn't a con unless you have little children. I'm worried my youngest child will get the antennae and pull it. It isn't very strong and I could see one pull ripping it out quick.
Overall Review: Great product. I love Asus! They have never steered me wrong and this product doesn't disappoint. Easy install and if you have WIN 10 you don't even have to worry about installing anything!
Pros: - Wonderful Lighting Effects
- Quiet for a Cheaper Fan
- Easy Setup
Cons: - 3 pin/ No 4 pin female adapter (didn't fit my motherboard)
- Cables could be short for some designs. I didn't have any problems with my ATX Mid-Tower
- One of the molex pins would slip through to the other side when attaching to another molex plug. I rigged it and it worked fine.
Overall Review: Like I said before, the fans are great for the price. Yet I would advise with going with a 4 pin fan if you have a 4 pin header on the mobo. This is my first build so I didn't know that. Other than that, the fans are great!
Pros: - Build Quality is nice and does not feel cheap
- Fits many sizes of laptops
- Matches my ROG
- Free w/ purcase of laptop
Cons: - A little big for carrying around
Overall Review: I was very surprised with this bag. While I do not use it much because I have a backpack it is a nice option. It is a nice bag to have for storage as well.
Pros: - Plays like expected
- Looks and feels like an xbox 360 remote
Cons: - Analog feels cheap but everything plays fine.
- I didn't receive any instructions on how to connect it to my laptop (had to go online and search)
Overall Review: This remote came free with my order and I can't say that it's a bad controller. It's comfortable for the price range and compatible w/ Windows 10. However, if I had to outright buy it myself, I would go with something that has a little more quality.
Pros: - Light weight for a gaming laptop
- Installed and played Rise of the Tomb Raider with ease (looks amazing)
- I know it's not that big of a deal but I love the backlit keyboard (tri-color w/ strobe and breath fuctions)
- Solid build w/ great specs for a reasonable price
- The keyboard is also very solid and responsive
Cons: - Fingerprint show easily (not a biggie for me)
- Some people might gripe that the power button is connected to the keyboard (top/right). I've yet to hit it while typing and don't think I will.
Overall Review: THANK YOU ASUS AND NEWEGG FOR PROVIDING ME WITH A WONDERFUL SCHOOL/GAMING LAPTOP!!!