Date Joined: 09/26/17
Pros: - None? Haven't used them
Cons: - Hooked them up, motherboard and cpu fried. Sweet.
Overall Review: Don't, these cables have clearly fried a lot of people's equipment
Pros: Worked good for 2 months
Cons: - When it fried suddenly (no overclocking etc, just normal use, fried while not even in use), they have a replace only option for this motherboard (most brands offer replace or refund). The replacement process takes 3 weeks. And since Windows 10 boot drive is locked to the motherboard hardware, you cannot just swap out for a different one in the meantime. Customer service is not helpful, they have no other options to help you out despite your hardware dying through no fault of your own except to sit and wait without a computer for 3 weeks, no refund options, you are entirely in their hands while they take several days just to unpack the motherboard and verify your problem, let alone all the shipping time, refurbishment, etc.
If they would just offer a refund option, I would purchase my replacement immediately while they do their snail paced testing etc knowing that the board has no physical damage and died through normal use.
Overall Review: Don't buy MSI. Get another brand, my dealings with other manufacturers like Intel and Asus have been nothing but positive. MSI support is amateur at best.
Pros: - Worked like it should out of the box (minus the missing windows key, that was a 5 minute phone call and resolved).
- Really great gameplay so far at 1080p ultra settings every game. 100fps+ for most games (slightly below in Ultra settings for games like GTAV and Rise of Tomb Raider). Avg online multiplayer games like BF1, R6 Siege etc getting well above 100fps with minimal graphics settings tweaking.
- Good airflow, cooling. CPU and GPU temps have kept below acceptable temperatures while gaming hard.
- Nice to look at. Excellent cable management in display side, all rgb works like it should (white fans, remote control colour swaps on led tubs).
Cons: - Hard drives not properly mounted. They're both sitting in there at an off-axis, with the SSD literally just sitting on top of the 3.5" HD.
- Motherboard cannot be overclocked (neither can the CPU technically, even though I'm getting turbo boost clocks at 4.3ghz, stable on all cores).
- CPU cannot be overclocked (see above, can be turbo boosted by system and registering very solidly on all 6 cores, from 3.2ghz to 4.3 (tested with multiple benchmarks and confirm).
- Comes with cd-rw drive that honestly would be better off being a 3rd front intake fan.
Overall Review: This is a nice product, but for the same price, you can watch for sales that will exceed this with a 1070ti instead of a 1070, an over-clockable mother board with an 8700k or ryzen 2nd gen instead. This one is a nice, low-risk purchase it seems though. It does the job for gaming, don't expect 4k though. I imagine 1440p would be hard to get 60fps on larger games too, 1080p is excellent for every game on this system, ultra high graphics settings.