Date Joined: 01/20/17
Pros: - Amazing value when I first purchased: 279.99 January 2017.
- Still runs the most recent games at high settings at 1080p
- Bought it for cheaper than a 3 GB nvidia 1060 so it was much better value*
Cons: - Runs hot, even with fan speeds up
- replaced by the 580
Overall Review: - Got a 1080 TI last year and so I replaced it. However, I gave this to my friend in his build and he played BF1 with me and now plays BF5 with me just fine.
Pros: -Beautiful look
Cons: -A bit expensive but what have you
Overall Review: - I hate overly done RGB stuff that makes the comp look like a xmas tree, but this thing provides a light accent to my otherwise barren case.
- I paired this with the stock fans in my Phanteks enthoo luxe case. The look is nice and subdued.
Pros: - Superb temps even at heavy load at sustained 2K res
- Easy OC'ing even for a newbie like me
- Pairs decently with my EVGA 1080 TI*
Cons: -None to be honest
Overall Review: - I experience frame drops at 4K in some newer games, and some of my friends have said this CPU is bottle-necking me given the strength of my GPU. I cannot confirm this as I am not nearly knowledgeable enough to say so.
- What I can say, however, is that I never have to worry about cranking everything to Ultra and running at 2k (which still looks absolutely gorgeous mind you) and having consistently low temps while maintaining +60 FPS. Game I most recently played is AC: Odyssey.
- I recommend this CPU heartily
Pros: - Great performance overall from all components: dedicated gfx card and i7 are most welcome. The stock SSD is also lightning fast being a PCIe
- Great IPS screen with fantastic viewing angles
- I was looking for a decent desktop replacement when I go either traveling or to my cottage and this is perfect. I was not looking for portability and will therefore not deduct points for size and weight.
- Up-gradable/expandable: I ordered a samsung 500 gb SSD and installed it within minutes. Apparently the memory can also be upgraded so I will look into that and edit this later. I will also look into the possibility of upgrading the GPU, which would be awesome.
- Great keyboard with numpad; possible given the size.
- Amazing value: for what you are getting, it is hard to beat, although there are some caveats
Cons: - There is bloatware. Not a pillowing amount, but enough for a little sigh. No points deduced because it is not really a hassle to remove.
- The build of the laptop is fine, however the screen feels a bit hollow when pushed on from the back. This is perhaps my greatest complaint; that and the fact that it is all plastic. But hey, that's how they get the cost down. Definitely do not want to drop this.
- Very large and heavy and is therefore not portable. No points deducted because I knew this prior to buying and knew I wanted a desktop replacement and not a portable driver; I have a surface for that.
- GPU gets quite hot: I played about 3 hours straight of stellaris on this at max settings at 1080p and it gets very hot. No actual performance drops, but be warned.
Overall Review: - I recommend this to anyone looking for a portable desktop. Does the job very well!
- Runs hot, so I recommend a laptop cooler to keep it lower. This is probably the biggest drawback
- Overall very satisfied with my purchase.
Pros: -Modulation helps reduce amount of cables in your case
-After around a month ownership, no problems
-Runs my GTX 1080 ti SC2, i7-7700k, 5 fans, led strip and cpu liquid cooler with any issues.
Cons: -Only 6 sata connections
Overall Review: -I will not remove points for putting a molex cable instead of a SATA cable; this effectively reduces SATA connections by 3, forcing me to get some SATA extensions to reach some areas. I understand some people still use molex but, I really do feel like it is a minority.
-In the end, I could have acquired the 750W version for a little bit more money, and it would have given me more SATA connections instead of molex.
-In fact, the decision to include molex on this iteration rather than an extra SATA AND optional molex is befuddling.
-CAN YOU TELL I LOVE MOLEX CABLES?
-Great PSU still recommend
Pros: - Plays everything
- EVERYTHING BAYBEE
- 4K EVERYWHERE NO PROBLEMO HOMBRE
- Runs cooler than my previous card, an RX 480
- I personally like the aesthetic of the card (some don't)
Cons: - I paid way too much for it. I am ashamed. #imasucker
- EVGA XOC is okay, I feel like it causes issues with my games sometimes
- Compatibility issues with certain titles, can't complain though, that ish is everywhere
Overall Review: - Next generation is around the corner, so if I could rewind I would likely have waited a few more months before dropping my 3 year old daughter's whole education savings on this
- Regardless, I probably won't have to switch this for a few years. I hope. Plz lawd last for a few years :'(
Pros: - Beautiful looking case with subtle RGB lights all around. I prefer a more subdued look. Great because it leaves options for different colour setups on the inside.
- VERY sturdy case that does not feel cheap. Not a single piece of it (except perhaps rubber cable holes leading to left side of case) feels flimsy.
- Great airflow and very spacious; tempered glass window gives great glimpse onto the inside of the case.
Fans are massive and work great.
- Tempered glass side is a door, making it easier to open and close the case.*
Cons: - NO FAN CONTROLLER. I have to say I was a little disappointed about this. I misread and thought it came with one, and so for this reason I cannot remove any points. However, all the same, I would have enjoyed a controller.
- *Tempered glass door is slightly unwieldy and can be an obstacle when assembling. However, it can easily be removed when installing parts.
Overall Review: - Be ready to wipe down your window often enough, as it is a fingerprint magnet. No points removed for this of course.
Pros: - Surprisingly Fast
- Price is great
Cons: - None, gosh darnit
Overall Review: - Amazing HDD that can be used for media as well as for gaming. I have a fairly large library of videos and music which I have stored on this drive (I store intensive programs on my SSD) and it handles it very well.
- For gaming it is also very decent. I usually put older games on this. Rome 2 total war runs snappy on it and that game is usually terrible for it's loading on non SSD.
- Very pleased!
Pros: - Very good looking case
- Quality of the build is very sturdy and reliable
- Amazing airflow
Cons: - Not sure if it was just me bu cable management was tough for me in this case
- Thought it was going to be wider than actually listed: width measurement was large (as is larger) than old case, but interior top horizontal support juts in.
Overall Review: - As I said, although larger than my old case on the outside, the upper horizontal support (which the case siding with the window clips on to) juts inwards quite a bit and I had to slightly warp it in order to install my liquid cooler radiator.
- However, i cannot really lower the rating of the product for this. Good product.
Pros: -Great benchmarks compared to even recent i7s
-For someone who does not overclock and does basic gaming, performs extremely well for the price.
-Low power usage and consistently has low temps
Cons: -None that i can see so far.
Overall Review: As mentioned in the title BEWARE OF WHICH MOTHERBOARD YOU GET. Make sure that it is a 200 or above chipset for intel. I made the mistake of getting a 100 chipset board and it did not boot as BIOS updates were necessary. Of course, this is not a criticism of the actual product.