Date Joined: 12/25/15
Pros: - Powerful fans- Nice glow- Reduces laptops temp by a good 5c or more
Cons: - Flimsy feet and knobs to hold laptop in place- Knobs to hold laptop to device do not lock in place and can move during use
Overall Review: Overall I think this will work on reducing the temp of my Tuf A15 while gaming. Although they did send me the Chinese (according to google translate) version?
Pros: - SSD is king!
- RTX2060 6Gb can handle anything
- Ryzen 7 power!!
- 16GB RAM works well
- Upgradable RAM and second SSD
Cons: - Can be noisy when working
- Can reach temperatures of 90C when playing some games
Overall Review: I purchased this laptop to replace a 5 year old ROG, and I have to say this laptop is amazing. The SSD allows for almost instant boot, you're on the desktop within a few seconds. With the combination of the Ryzen 7 (8 core, 16 thread) processor and the RTX2060 (6Gb VRam) I have not met a game I can't run on highest settings. However, the laptop can get noisy when gaming, and can get hot when playing certain games. When playing games like Deep Rock Galactic, Total War: Warhammer 2, Warhammer Vermintide 2, the system sits around 70c-75c. When playing World of WarCraft settings on 10, everything turned on, it can reach temperatures of 90c. Finally, 16 GB of RAM, yes it's enough! When writing this review, I have several programs open, like Chrome, Steam, Battle Net and some built in ASUS programs and I am only using 6Gb of the RAM.
Ultimately, this laptop is for you if you want a gaming laptop that isn't super expensive like other options. The option to be able to upgrade the RAM to 32GB and adding a second SSD allow you keep this laptop in service for longer than one would think. My last Asus ROG lasted 5 years without upgrading anything in it, I suspect this laptop will easily meet that time frame. Finally, the battery can last around 7 to 8 hours when the computer is running on silent mode.
Overall I highly recommend this laptop!
Pros: - Fast CPU/GPU combo, as I am a gamer, I prefer to have a gaming laptop. This is a fantastic mid level gaming laptop, I have only tried it on a few games (Marvel Heroes, StarWars Old Republic, Counter-Strike: GO, etc.) But everything I've run on here has a minimum of 60 FPS at highest possible graphics setting.
- GPU switching, when you need to change to the intel gpu you can easily select it via the nvidia control panel. You can also select which gpu runs each game, so if you need to conserve power, you can alternate gpu's.
- Great screen resolution.
- Battery life <3 . My spouse was able to run the laptop for roughly 4 hours and 30 minutes while binge watching a tv show while on a road trip. Roughly a 3 hour battery life while gaming, on default settings (SO basically, medium settings)
- Easy setup, literally a plug and play laptop, little to no updates needed. Although you still need to install your own programs.
- Hardly any bloatware, you get the ASUS utility programs, and only one or two other bloatware programs. Minimal uninstalling needed.
Cons: - The only con I have right now, is I am having a hard time configuring my wireless device so that my laptop can download games faster than 2.5mb/s, as I am on a 65MBPS line. Although I have a feeling it might be my router settings. Will update later when fixed.
Overall Review: If you're looking for a great midlevel gaming laptop, or multimedia laptop, this is a great buy. Although I would give this 5 eggs, because of my wireless issue at this moment, it will only get 4 out of 5, will be 5 of 5 when I fix my wireless configuration.