Date Joined: 11/21/18
Pros: - Super fast on fresh install of Windows.
- Build design and quality is awesome.
- 4k panel with a wide range of colors is legit.
- Keyboard feels nice to type on and its customization is awesome too.
- Great for content creation on the go/at your station (video editing, color grading, etc.)
- Can easily handle 4k footage.
- Has sufficient number of ports.
- Battery life is A+++
Cons: - Needs to be reformatted. The laptop from the box is SUPER funky. Mouse stutters upon opening of windows, YouTube videos lag, just generally doesn't feel like a 6-core laptop with a 1070.
- Sometimes your keys don't register, especially if you type near the edge/corner. (though very rare, probably depends on how you type)
- NOT color accurate out of the box. I'm a professional film colorist and although the screen is beautiful, it still needs to be professionally calibrated for it to be accurate. I think they use a general color profile for all units which is not ideal since every panel is different.
- Speakers lack bass.
- The 512gb ssd that came with the laptop isn't that fast.
- For some reason adding another 16gb ram is a pain. A lot of the 16gb DDR4 2666 in the market doesn't work. Somewhere in Reddit is a list of compatible ram for the Aero 15 but there have been reports that even those might not work. It took me 2 tries to find a working pair.
Overall Review: From all of the stellar reviews out there in addition to its equally stellar price point, I imagined to have no trouble using this right out of the box. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. It would be very helpful to have an in-depth research about this laptop outside simple youtube/newegg reviews. Look at forums and see the average user experience before you decide to buy this.