Date Joined: 08/04/13
Pros: Purchased to replace dying WD drive in a Synology DS508. Had my fingers crossed at purchase because of the age of the NAS and that the drive wasn't tested on it, but the NAS recognized it no problem. Ran SMART tests before rebuilding array, everything checked out and has been running strong since installation.
- Runs noticeably cooler than the WD drives in the NAS, usually 3-4C cooler.
- Drive looks tough compared to the Barracudas I have lying around.
Cons: - The packaging was kind of weak. Did not come in a retail box, just in static guard wrap with little endcaps on it. Tossed in a box with bubble wrap to "protect" it. Made me nervous at first, but everything checked out.
Overall Review: - Will be purchasing the 4TB version soon. Only jumped on the 2TB as an emergency replacement.
- Newegg should package items as sensitive as hard drives a little more securely when shipping them, especially when using SmartPost due to the amount of times this thing is getting sorted and loaded. Others may not be as lucky as I was in the handling by the shipping companies.
Pros: - Great looking design. MSI makes some pretty cards.
- Handles anything I throw at it at 1080p/60fps.
- Stays cool. The fans are no joke on this thing. Pretty quiet for the most part.
Cons: - When temps get high, can be a little on the loud side, but this is only in the most extreme cases.
- AMD's drivers are getting better, but nowhere near as stable as the competition. Be sure to use the beta releases for the best experience.
Overall Review: - All in all a great card for this performance/price range. Upgraded from a 650 GTX and saw nothing but improvements in every game I've tried.
Pros: - The design of these sticks looks great. Matches my build perfectly.
- Low temps when gaming on a moderately air cooled system.
- My machine runs 24/7. 3 months of constant power, plus 8ish hours a day of demanding use, and these are still working perfectly.
Cons: - The packaging is a little flimsy, but that's with most memory nowadays. I had to RMA a previous pair of these because one was dead, but Newegg took great care of me. The replacements have had no issues whatsoever.
Overall Review: - Highly recommended for someone looking to color match their build, as these come in quite a few different colors. Mine is a black and red AMD build, but blue is available if you have Intel based builds.
Pros: Bought these to replace the heatsink fans on a Thermaltake CPU cooler. CPU temps are down about 4°. Neat looking design with red LEDs.
Cons: There are airflow indicators on the fans. The open side pulls air, the side with the sticker and plastic guard pushes air out.
Overall Review: The LED could be brighter, but thats a personal opinion. I have 6 of these in a C70 Vengeance case and it makes a pretty good nightlight.
Pros: Works as advertised. Accommodates 3 or 4 pin fan connections. Only one of the two plugs has the 4th PWM pin, but this is fine as your motherboard or controller only needs to read the speed on one fan to control both.
The connectors are solid, and it is nice that most of the cable is sleeved.
Cons: None come to mind.
Pros: Work as advertised. Perfect fit on Corsair AF120, all holes lined up perfectly. Metal was not warped or bent.
Overall Review: Would be nice to have fan screws included, but it is clearly marked that these are the grills only.
Pros: Inexpensive, yet reliable. Opposed to other reviews, I have never had a problem with this router. I have my desktop and Xbox 360 connected to it and it doesn't miss a beat. I run some intensive programs too such as World of Warcraft while my brother plays Halo 3 on the TV and it doesnt lag one bit.
With proper setup, you cant go wrong with this router.
Cons: The setup CD is a little confusing. You can just plug the router into your network, and when you use a web browser, you get a quick setup screen that automatically detects your network settings. I had this router working in under a minute using this method.
Overall Review: Make sure you get the newest version of the firmware from the company website. It makes a big difference.