Date Joined: 06/29/10
Pros: - It's well designed, light, greatly improves airflow and excellent at reducing the CPU temperature.
- Easy to install; screws that lock the unit to the motherboard have springs and screws are adjustable to allow an adjustable fit.
- Seems to be the same as the Hyper 212, but with red LEDs. great for a red/black build
Cons: - Handling the metal fins of the unit can lead to cuts if you are not careful as they can be sharp. It would be beneficial if a paid of rubber gloves would be included in the box.
- I had to put the fan on upside down to best hide the power cord. It would be nice if there was better cord management.
Overall Review: - The hyper 212 is your go-to cooler and offers additional airflow to most computer cases. This reaches about 120 mm, so make sure your tower can fit it. I would recommend this unit over the base line Hyper 212 if you can get it for the same price or cheaper.
Pros: - This M.2 is literally two times faster than other, more expensive M.2 drives (Up to 3,200 MBps vs Up to 1,775 MBps for the Intel 600p)
- Small and sleek, takes up almost no room in your motherboard.
- I installed windows 10 in under 3 minutes and achieved a boot time of only a few seconds.
Cons: - If you plan on loading Windows unto this device, you will need to play around in the BIOS settings a little bit. Make sure that every other HDD(s) are unplugged from your MOBO before attempting to install windows. Using an MSI MOBO, I was able to pick up that a M.2 was connected by selecting Legacy+EUFI; however, do not use this setting (use UEFI only). Set the boot order to HDD and then USB or CD (BIOS picks this up the M.2 as a HDD for some reason). When the boot option comes up (press a key to choose boot option) select the USB or CD (whichever has the Windows installation file).
Overall Review: - I have always been a fan of Samsung SSDs including the 850 EVO. I was amazed at how fast this M.2 actually was and for the price I paid. If you are looking for performance, and don't mind a little trouble with installation, this will greatly increase your computer's performance.
Pros: - RGB lighting in the front of the card that says "DUKE"
- 8 GB of video
- Boost clock to 1.85 Ghz
- Price per GB of video memory
- Back plate
Cons: - None
Overall Review: - This card measures 312 mm across and will require a compatible case. If you are anything like me, and build you computer around your graphics card, I would look no further. You can beat the price for a 1080.
- If you are someone to name your PC, add this card will make it feel a little more prestigious.
Pros: - Extra 200 Mhz over the I7-6700K
- 4 cores and 8 threads
- hyper-threading for those of us who like to watch YouTube and play a game at the same time
- Trusted for gaming builds
Overall Review: - I would recommend this processor to anyone who wants a top of the line gaming computer. It offers a moderate overclocking ability and is the current flagship for Intel's i7 processors.
Pros: - Cable Management was top notch and includes Velcro straps already installed and are easy to use
- Top vent with cover (good weight and structure)
- RGB lighting for the power switch and under the front panel
- Air filter at the base and the top of the front panel
- Very competitively priced
- Reset button
- Lighting control button
- Lots of space, I managed to fit the Duke GTX 1080 as well as the 212 EVO with ease.
- Sliding rear fan position
- Removable HDD trays
- Panel retention screws
Cons: - The side panel was pretty stiff the first few times I had to remove it. There is almost a knack to sliding it off and out at the same time. The panel is well designed but the locking slots could be designed to allow an easier removal.
- I read about the finger print magnet described in other reviews, and I did notice a few finger prints but they came off easily with a microfiber cloth
- You may notice an additional button for fan control, but it doesn't seem to be connected.
Overall Review: Phanteks have made a lot of nice chassis and this P400 even improves upon some others. If you like a neat and tidy tower, with great airflow and enough room for any ATX/GPU/Cooler combination and a decent price, this is the case for you.