Date Joined: 06/01/05
Pros: - dB based (i.e. non-linear) volume controls
- great menus
- great sound
- very configurable
- SO MANY INPUTS! :D The online info keeps contradicting itself, but the one *I* got has 5 HDMI inputs
- great upscaling of 2 channel sound
- upscaling of component and composite video
Cons: I consider these all nit-picks; it's a fantastic system:
- rear speaker wires too short for a decent sized room
- it would be nice to be able to assign any video input plus any audio input together into one output stream
- DVI in would be nice
- the net radio mode doesn't seem to show track names for radio streams
- the remote has different menu arrow and select button codes for the setup menus and the net mode, so that I can't program my universal remote to be able to both navigate the Onkyo's menus *and* select net radio stations on the onkyo. That's bizarre and pointless, and is the only real "WTH?" moment I've had with this system so far.
Overall Review: I got it on special for like 499; *fantastic* for the price.