Date Joined: 06/30/05
Pros: - Looks elegant
- Generally easy to assemble with minor exception of bracket covers
Cons: 1. HARD AS A ROCK - I was fantasizing about this chair feeling like my leather couch and I couldn't be more wrong. This chair is stiff. I currently use a Herman Miller Aeron and its like sitting on a cloud, this is a major comfort downgrade. A spokesperson from Noble Chairs stated it was designed this way intentionally.
2. Does not smell like real leather - everything I own that is leather gives off an amazing aroma of leather, from my car, couch, laptop case, jackets, dress shoes, gloves, ect... they all smell like leather. I literally inhaled the ink off this chair and could not find one note or hint of leather.
3. The chair is only leather where you sit. This is not disclosed in the marketing. Just as an FYI to all of you out there thinking about buying this chair... I did the push test on the leather and only the cognac part would pass the leather test. I added a drop of water to both the cognac and black sections of the chair and neither would absorb the water so I did a biopsy on the inside of the material and it is not leather or not in a significant way.
- Full Grain Leather - Top layer of the hide. The strongest leather you can buy has the most character or deviations in the texture and color, it is superior to all other leather.
- Top Grain Leather - The layer under the full grain leather.
- Genuine Leather - Is generally the HOT DOG of leather. Manufactures harvest Top and Full grain leather and it leaves behind waste and they glue that waste together with binders to make Genuine Leather. Genuine leather is 8 to 15 times weaker than Top Grain leather.
- Bonded Leather - Bonded leather is the worst leather you can buy. Its pure junk and only consists of 5% leather in most cases.
4. The chair was machined to accept machine screws only. But the screws supplied with the chair for the side brackets were wood screws. You must apply a lot of pressure to the screw to get the screw in correctly. This is a sign of cheap/bad engineering, there are a dozen ways they could have engineered this to work better without putting random holes in the leather. It would take too much precision and precision eats into profits.
5. Chair is very large - I am 5'10" and 190LBS and when I sit in this chair I feel like a kid. If you are a bigger man, this may appeal to you. I'd say that you could be about 300LBS and still fit well in the chair.
- NO LUMBAR support
- POOR Upper Back Support
Overall Review: Preface................
First of all, I don't write these things for my health. I write these things to protect people like me who just want a good product for their hard earned pesos. I am trying to create transparency for you, the potential buyer, so that you can make the most informed decision possible.
I would say that I am extremely disappointed in the purchase. I spent over $500.00 on a chair that I thought was going to be this amazing, unfortunately it was not.
Final Verdict - DO NOT BUY
- Too Expensive
- Not Comfortable
- False Advertising
- Return Policy is bad
- No easy way to communicate with seller
Pros: The PSU worked great out of the box and has worked just fine until this weekend. The modular cables are very nice.
Cons: Not reliable, believe it or not I put my 8 year old Corsair 850 back in and its purring like a champ. I have a 600W PC Power and cooling PSU that runs 24/7 and has been powering a server of mine since 2006.
Pros: This RAM has low latency, low voltages and BLUE LED's (The version I eventually received)
This model has Red and Green
Cons: The price fluctuates too much.
Overall Review: Ok so here is a testament to customer service. I have been buying Crucial Ram for a long time and never had any issues what so ever, my first interaction with Crucial was as easy as it could get.
So I purchased this RAM from NewEgg on March 19th and slowly started to accumulate parts for my new RIG upgrade. When I finally had the parts and time needed to test the components it was April 27th.
When I did the test run the LEDS on the RAM were green, I really didn’t worry about it too much because I figured that once I installed the Crucial M.O.D utility, I would be able to adjust the LED’s to the color of my choice. I waited about 2 more weeks and finally had the time to put the parts in my Corsair 800D.
After a full installation I became quickly aware that these were not Blue and were the GREEN/RED version. Everything I have is blue and I’m borderline OCD so I had to have BLUE. I was also willing to pay 139.99 for my RAM vs 99.99 just to have the LEDs. I was really upset and was wondering how I made such a stupid mistake. I came back here and combed through every word possible on the product info NewEgg provided. The LED color was nowhere to be found. It only listed it as customizable LED’s with the Crucial M.O.D utility. So I called New Egg with a lump in my throat and they accepted the RMA and paid for the shipping. I am a premier member but I think they would have done that for me anyway to be honest.
I had two issues with this outcome, first Newegg dropped the price to 119.99 with free shipping and secondly they were out of stock on the Blue versions. So I pulled Crucial into the loop, I wrote them an email explaining the situation and they totally backed me and agreed to process the RMA for me. To be completely truthful, I was shocked. I didn’t have to get upset or argue. I just explained the situation, gave them the link to NewEgg’s page and they agreed that it was confusing as well. I don’t know if it helped my situation but I also reminded them that this is one of those opportunities to hit a customer service home run and they hit a grand slam instead. I got the Blue LED kit and after it was all said and done I paid 125.00 for it.
Pros: This speaker is amazing. It looks great and feels great and sounds amazing.
I live in a Condo and I have two Klipsch F-30's powered by my BI Amped Denon AVR x3000.
I live my life with the remote in my hand and my thumb on the volume down button because when I have my movie on a comfortable volume (Usually Volume Level 60) and something happens in the movie like an explosion or someone walks into a club, my living room turns into a bomb site or a Trance Disco Tech.
My Neighbors hate me.
Now, I can actually listen to my movies on Volume level 40 and hear every word, every pebble move, every rain drop hit the windshield without louder scenes causing the neighbors to pound my walls like mental patients in a padded room.
My Neighbors hated me. Now they don't.
Cons: I don't have ANY cons to report but just to mention, it's a monster in size.. Man this thing is big.. No joke.
Overall Review: I got this thing for 59.00 with Free Shipping - Amazing deal, I am upset with myself for not getting it sooner.
Pros: First of all the switch arrived along with another item from New Egg, the boxes were placed outside my door and it had rained. The other box was wet and soaked through but On Networks shrink wraps the outside box preventing moisture damage. So A+ so far. As I opened the box I wanted to pay close attention to the box, instructions and the way it was packaged and I have to say that I was not disappointed. All items in the box were secure and felt to the touch to be good to high quality.
Set up was easy, basically plug and play. This switch uses less power than the GB switch I already owned and installed in a matter of seconds.
In order to provide the viewers with a good review on performance I decided to run speed transfer tests from host to host on my home network.
My NetGear GB switch was providing me 168 MBPS peak and the On Network Switch was giving me 152 MBPS peak. NOT bad at all for a switch that costs about 70.00 less than what I paid for the NetGear. The unit runs cool even under load and honestly does an amazing job. I would reccomend this item to a friend.
Cons: The On Networks Switch slows down when transferring data between multiple devices but one would hardly notice unless you’re running bench marks and starring at the numbers. It wasn't able to manage the packets as effectively or efficiently.
Pros: These have a superior feel and build quaility. The speakers are heavy to the feel and the sub is a tank. This thing pumps out bass that is room filling and no distortion.
This is my second set. I have been eyeing this set's price for 8 months, waiting for it to go down. I caught it on Newegg this week for 179.99 shipped. You cant go wrong with this set for that price. I paid 249.99 for the first set.
A note to make is that: The SUB on this system is 100 to 200 WATTS MAx the sub on the Polk System with 135 Reviews is 50 to 100 MAX. I don't know why so many people bought the other set vs this one but I can't imagine it being better than this set.
Cons: I cant think of any cons to be honest. It does what you need it to do and the quality is great. I am VERYYYY picky about feel, weight, smell, functionality... All the things that give off the perception of good or poor quality and this set passes with flying colors.
Overall Review: It comes with Wall mounts.
Pros: I have not received the card just yet but it's on its way. I was poking around to be pro-active, reading reviews and looking for fixes to issues people may have experienced. So I downloaded the latest drivers and the manual as well so that I can verse myself on the product. On page 31 of the downloadable PDF there is a HUGE typo and it says, and I quote:
"This function provides 28 special environment emulations for different sound reflections and revweberation."
Elmer Fudd lives in China I guess. Mistakes like this are made all the time, but to make a mistake like this on a Flagship product is just insane if you ask me. If they can't spell reverberation, how can I expect them to make a good product and provide proper support? The answer is, you can't.
Cons: None yet, but I will be sure to let you know how this all unfolds.
Cons: Drive Failed - Do not buy - Had nothing but issues.
Pros: This keyboard to date has been amazing and does all that I could ask it to do. I have been reading the reviews and I would like to add something to these forums to help the viewers.
1. Logitec has a 3 year warranty on ALL items that I am aware of.
2. If you do not have a reciept, they will use the PID number on your device to determin manufacture date, if that date is within the warranty period specified for your particular device they will replace it garunteed.
I know this for a fact because I have used the warranty system at least 5 times in the last 10 years, not because of bad products, per say but because I really used the helll out of them. I am not an easy person to impress and I am the first person to burn a company at the stake for bad anything, but logitec deserves to be recognized for it's costomer service and warranty standards. I will not buy anything but logitec just for the peace of mind they give me on the warranty.
Cons: The price is just gross. I bought mine on e8ay and spent 90.00 shipped. Its brand new never been used or referbished. The secret to knowing if something has been referbished by Logitec is that Logitec will take off the PID sticker or black it out.
The board lights up orange instead of blue.
No backlit keys
Pros: It works, plug and play on XP and WIN7 no problems.
You can kick it while its playing and it wont skip.
Cons: It will make TONS of noise, it literally vibrates off my desk. I added rubber feet to it and it helped but something went wrong and it vibrates worse now. I made a velcor harness for it and let hit dangle in mid air off the side of my desk now so I can watch movies in peace.
Overall Review: Just dont buy this, the potential of getting a piece of junk is reasonable enough to say no and go with another brand.
Pros: It does play dvd's, no drivers no installation, just plug and play.
Cons: This thing is loud and vibrates horrifically. I added some rubber feet to the stand and it helped but every once in a while it will literally vibrate off my desk. So I engineered a Velcro strap that lets me hang it off the edge of the desk and suspend it in mid air. I finally can watch a movie and fall asleep. I will never buy an ASUS mechanical product again. MOBOS are good and VID CARDS are good, anything else by them is just an attempt to get a piece of the market.
Overall Review: I paid 35.00 for this trash.
Pros: This is the 4th one I have purchased and have been very happy with all of them. The software is easy to use and very strait forward.
Cons: Auto Focus is a problem but resolvable.
Overall Review: Open the lifecam software, click the blue arrow button located on the right side of the window, click the little gear at the top, uncheck the truecolor box, and a properties button should appear. After you click it, go to the camera control tab, and uncheck the box that says auto, on the focus section.
Permanent Fix: WIN7 64
Add the following line to the "user.config"
(Windows 7 Location)
<setting name="Focus" serializeAs="String">
It is important to add this line between:
Open the file with Notepad, and save it after you are done. Reboot the computer and you are ready to go.
Adjust your feedback rating.
Pros: The case is a beast, it's very big and for the most part very thought out. The hot swappable drive bays are great, wire management is a breeze for the most part.
1. The front I/O panel is made of FLIMSY! plastic. I paid $300.00 for plastic? Every time I touch it it makes me sick.
2. The pcb set up for the hot swappable drives requires all 90 degree angled sata connectors.
3. There is no hole to run the wires from the hot swappable drive bays downward so they can interfere with the cover.
Cons: 4. The sata connections on the PBC for the hot swappable drives will not secure sata cables with clips. In other words, sata cables wont lock into place. I really hate that with a passion.
5. The cover does not lock into place either it will fall out of place if you tilt the case. Both covers in this area do this the bottom one is a lil better.
6. The stock fans SUCK SUCK SUCK. Which means you have to buy more fans. Yep 300.00 later and you have to buy more fans.
7. The 140MM intake can only be replaced with a 140MM fan unless you MOD the case or buy a 140 to 120 converter they didn't provide holes for 120mm. Again more money you have to spend.
8. The airflow to the hot swappable drive bay area is a joke. And again you CANNOT change the fan here either only a 140mm fan will fit and it has to be they same thickness or the cover will not fit on correctly.
9. The wires from the PSU can get caught into the 140mm intake fan. If you have sleeved power cables it can damage
Overall Review: 9. CONT:
The PSU wires wires interrupt the air flow to the ONLY freaking air intake the case has.
10. The case foot design is bad, they should have provided a rubberized rail that went the length of the case. If the case isn't on all three feet the case will fall off balance very easily.
11. I had to buy NEW fans, Fan size converter, SCREWS form Corsair and cable sleeving kits for the fans.
12. PWR and HD LED is white. For $300.00 you should be able to select red blue or green or white.
13. You only get 4 hot swap trays, you have to buy them for $9.99 if you want more.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
There attitudes on the phone SUCK.
Zer0 willingness to make things right or to at least pacify.
I was told:
"If you don't like the case return it"
30 seconds into explaining issues I'm having with it.
Pros: Power supply is working and doing what I need it to do for the time being. I grabbed this at around 110.00 with free shipping so I'm happy with that.
Cons: Corsair has good products but HORRIBLE service. I have talked with a few people at Corsair via phone and the service is just TERRIBLE. I was telling the Tech Support manager about an issue with a Corsair product and he told me, "If you don't like it, return it".
Overall Review: NEW EGG remains one of the top 4 companies in the world that I do business with. Service is FANTASTIC, SHIPPING is FANTASTIC, RMA process is FANTASTIC.
New Egg takes more responsibility for the products then the freaking people that make them.
5 EGGS for New EGG.
Pros: This board is fantastic! If you can get it in the 190.00 - 220.00 range you should jump on it.
Cons: REALTEK audio sucks I have 2 motherboards with their onboard sound and let me tell you I freaking hate it. I had to invest in sound cards to keep my sanity. REAKTEK tech support is worthless, could not and basically would not help me.
Overall Review: GREAT BOARD and NEW EGG is just simply the best freaking company you can work with hands down. There isn't a company out there that can touch New Egg's customer service.
Pros: This PSU works great for what I need it to do, I am a prior PC Power and Cooling person and I will now use Corsair PSU's as long as they keep performing and catch them at the right price.
Single 12V rail and pretty stable power.
Cons: The PSU is very small and light, I only say this is a con because to me light means a cut on quality, so far so good but lets see how it's running in 3 years.
This PSU weighs significantly less then my 610 watt PC Power and Cooling PSU.
Pros: Works well with no issues. If you can get this for under 10.00 get it.
Cons: Does not come with a lanyard.
Pros: Well there are two versions of the case soprano and Tsunami. The Tsunami is a great case with only a few minor draw backs. The Soprano is the base modle that has no removable trays for HD or Floppy.
Cons: Great case for the money honestly if you dont want to spend more then 100.00 for a case this is the one you need hands down if you want to put out a lil more money get the Tsunami just be careful about one thing. If your using a video card that needs power and your using more then 2 harddrives the power to the v-card interfeer with the HD's. Also the sound and usb wires from the top of the case interfeer with the powersupply wiring depending how long your powersupply is. Remedy- remove them.