Date Joined: 06/03/20
Pros: - good battery life for gaming laptop .
- can run any heavy program .
- its kinda light . of course little bit heavier then my previous ultra book 1.3 kg vs 2.1kg . but still reasonable for me , when i went to local market i was carrying the gaming laptop to check its weight . it was really heavy .
- the screen brightness around 300 nit & the colors is great . I didn't tried it outdoors . plus 300 Hz is wow but its overkill .
- I was worried about cooling , but there is many ways to get around it . like changing power options
+ undervolting + using stand to get air flow + re pasting thermal cpu .
- hello face recognition .
- keyboard RGB .
- the maximum fan button when need to cool down your laptop.
- i was afraid from battery draining while heavily using the laptop but it all works fine and smooth.
- it doesn't look like gaming laptop .
- amazing touch pad
Cons: well of course nothing is perfect so :
- I feel like its taking more time to start up the laptop than normal laptop .
- the speakers are really loud but the quality is little bit low .
-i read reviews about high temp but seriously powerful laptop going to have high temp no matter what but for this laptop Its still in acceptable range . and sure you have to do some tweaks to get there . now while Im writing this the cpu temp is 39 C . Msi center mode is on super battery + windows on battery saver . it been 3 hours since it was 80% battery now its 34% .
- in real life people would notice the fan noises if its under heavy load .
- and yes i agree with that the msi center was buggy until i updated it and it become less bugger
-the keyboard is amazing , but i didn't like the layout . the slash instead of windows key ? also i noticed when i press on the the right or left edge of the space bar it doesn't press .
-they mention it has hard edge . well yes its but i won't feel it
- you cant charge it with normal phone usb-c adapter or power bank .
Overall Review: Instead of buying desktop I had to choose powerful laptop because I move a lot . portability was the main reasons why i bought beside its can handle heavy loads . i Had to select between this one and G 14 .
but after research i found this better in many ways . Im really happy with my choice . comparing to my ultra book 14 inch nothing change but my device get more powerful .
let talk about temperature . first time i run several apps and temp easily get high . so i did undervoliting by -0.100 it somehow works . i tested war zone & it reach 95 which is the maximum without turning the maximum fan . with maximum fan turned on it reach 83 -87 .
normal tasks on balanced mode will get around 50 - 60 .
sorry for making this too long and boring but i hope u find this useful , because before buying it i was looking for the review that will help me .