Date Joined: 03/24/10
Pros: support SD card.
support multi-language document such as Chinese.
I had problem with booting at first and I asked Astak's customer support. They responded pretty quickly. Great customer service.
Cons: The SD card is hard to pull out when it's inserted, but it's not that serious as the other review mentioned that you need to use plier. Just simply pull it harder will do you good.
Overall Review: To anyone buying this ebook reader, you need to update its firmware!
here is the instruction I got from Astak's customer support:
**Backup your files before doing this
Please try the following steps: Please make sure your device has sufficient power before you turn it on.
1. Put an SD card with all the update files in the the reader.
Update files can be found http://www.astak.com/downloadcenter.asp, "6" Mentor-v1.12.10 04/02/2010".
After download, unzip the rar file and put all extracted files to SD card root folder.
2. Remove the battery completely from the device.
3. Press and hold the Enter button and "Go Back" function button on the left side(the third button from top.)
4. Plug the device to wall while holding down two buttons.
5. When you see the update message, let go two buttons, and follow the instruction on screen.
After the update process, please slightly put the battery back and leave it for a few hours.