Date Joined: 08/10/15
Pros: - The board looks great
- RGB lighting works well
- Bios is amazing, Asus Bios has truly been very simple to use, update, and manage
- Lots of features, NVMe and m.2 port
- Thunderbolt 3 Port.
Cons: - Ships with NFC2 and Wireless charging devices that do not have any Windows 10 drivers (even though the packaging says Windows 10 ready). Seems like ASUS tried to get rid of their excess inventory by packaging it with this board.
- I get a Q-Code 6F error which ASUS does not know the cause of. The system works fine, except that error is always there... They want me to RMA...
Overall Review: I got this board because of the Thunderbolt 3 Port on a Z170 board (my other option was the GIGABYTE GAMING 7 at half the price). But decided to stick with ASUS as I've used a number of the Z170-A boards without any issues.
Man was I mistaken. I got a PREMIUM variant to avoid issues but only ran into them... The supplied NFC2 and Wireless charging do not come with Windows 10 drivers at all despite being advertised...
Remember to turn on XMP for Memory and PWM for fan management in the Bios, these are off by default.
Overall very dissatisfied with my purchase here. I really like ASUS boards but this one is simply overpriced and not well supported. A PREMIUM classification should provide premium support... Not worth the $500+.
Pros: - Very cost effective
- Easy to install, simple to use.
- A huge leap forward from a regular HDD.
Cons: - None really
Overall Review: Great SSD, I've used a number of these. Look to install the Samsung Magician companion software, there are some features that allow this to work faster.
Pros: - Super easy to install
- Ridiculously fast, I mean really its SO fast. I'm coming from RAID 0 SSDs, and this thing blows that out of the water.
- Honestly I don't think most people need this speed.
Cons: - Most mtoherboards have m.2 ports facing left so this plugs in upside down in MOST motherboards. Of course this is just an aesthetics quirk, but they should have an option to have stickers upside down.
Overall Review: - If you can afford it and are an enthusiast get this. It's honestly just amazing. Make sure your board has an m.2 slot and that you are buying the NVMe version.
Also note that plugging this in uses 4 PCIe lanes, on my motherboard this means losing nationality for the 2 SATA EXPRESS ports, on other boards it means different things. Please refer to your motherboard manual.
Pros: - The case itself looks amazing
- Pull out slot at the top makes installing and managing a radiator SO easy
- Cable management is very easy, installing PSU is also very easy to do
- Packaged very well, comes with screws pre-sorted
- Screw-less side panels work great.
- It looks so good...
Cons: - It only comes with 2 SSD mounts (another can be ordered separately as there are 3 SSD areas...)
- Front SSD bay can be designed better, I feel having cables for this one coming from another side would give it a better look aesthetically.
Overall Review: It's a great case, a little wider than I thought it would be but very nice anyway. I was deciding between this and the Tempered version however this has pull out panels (no screws needed), and my wire management isnt good enough to have glass on both sides.
Pros: - Very easy to install (remember that the backplate goes on the back of the motherboard)
- Works very well
- Keeps CPU very cool, even under loard
- RBG Lighting is a nice touch
Cons: - CAM Software is just bad. The interface itself is very nice however the software was simply terrible. I installed the newest version (3.0) however at start up and any time a change is made it freezes up. Not only that, but while tabbing out with intensive apps open it would randomly crash, I wasn't sure what was causing this until I turned off CAM and everything worked fine (this may have been because of the FPS it counts during games or something, really no idea?)
Overall great hardware, bad software.
Overall Review: Yes, I would use it again, despite CAM being bad it is a very good product overall.
Pros: - Fully modular design allowing you to only plug in cables you need
- Amazing Packaging, great pouch to store extra cables
- Comes with screws (in case your case didn't)
Overall Review: Overall a great power supply. I've mostly used Corsair in the past, and was my first time using an EVGA, but I'll definitely be using these again.