Date Joined: 11/28/04
Pros: * Worked out of the box
* Paired with an ASUS M4A88T-M LE with Sempron 140.
* DIMMS have nice heat shields and so far worked out fine.
* Works fine with Ubuntu 10.10, Windows 7 x64, and VirtualBox.
Cons: none so far
Overall Review: I would recommend this RAM to a friend. Better quality and features than others at the same price.
Pros: * Comes with heatsink, fan, and thermal paste!
* Core Unlocked with ASUS M4A88T-M LE successfully.
Cons: * None so far
Overall Review: Saved money on a home machine. This computer is primarily for file shares and web applications, photo editing, etc. Nothing too intensive.
Pros: Easy assembly and decent board layout. All self explanatory.
* Decent quality manual, not that its really needed.
* Board layout made sense, nothing abnormally spaced out or conflicting
* BIOS as expected, nothing confusing
* Core Unlocked a Sempron 140 with minor ease (see Cons)
* HDMI and ATI HD card embedded
Cons: * Only 2 RAM slots
* LPT and Serial port. Lose these and add 2 more RAM slots
* Only 1 IDE slot, but thats probably okay for most people these days - I have a few IDE HDDs that would be nice to use.
* Core Unlocker instructions missing from manual
* Core Unlocker instructions on ASUS website say to flip switch on board... no such switch exists. Proceed with the rest of the instructions and boot + "4" and Sempron 140 unlocked second core.
Overall Review: Newegg is amazing. Shipped the same day and arrived two days later. Super fast free shipping even at Christmas time!
Pros: Simple, small gigabit switch that works right out of the box, no software or configuration needed. Works perfectly in my home LAN supporting gigabit sharing, XBOX streaming, and home server. Simply reserve one plug for your wireless router and then connect your server, xbox, and other gigabit computers to the switch. Access your server super fast and easy with any wireless laptop.
Cons: None... works like a champ. Super cool and lightweight on power usage.
Pros: I upgraded my home LAN for sharing movies and music from a central computer and this switch allows for super fast gigabit connection. Very small footprint allows to be hidden away in my cable junction box. We use these switches at work because of their low price point and high quality.
Cons: This small switch gets pretty warm and consumes more power than others on the market. The temp isnt so high to be of concern if kept in an open area, but keep in mind for installation.
Overall Review: The Newegg picture is the older model GS105. The new one (delivered) is much smaller. See the manufacturer's site for photo and dimensions.
Pros: Nice looking, white to match my macbook, GRIFFIN name, decent clarity, low noise
Cons: Why is this so expensive?! 20$ for 10' of 15c/ft cable and two 50c ends?! Why a mono phono to stereo mini? Anyhow, a better idea may be to pick up a decent (shure) adapter for phono to mini for a few bucks. Use your existing guitar cable thats most likely of much higher quality cable and ends!