The GeForce 8 series offers a complete family of graphic cards ready to meet the unique needs of their users. The series features a unified DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0 & Open GL 2.0 architecture to produce stunning 3-dimensional graphics and lifelike texture rendering. With 10-bit per channel output, the 8 series produces higher fidelity color and separation. The cards support SLI for multi-card rendering and NVIDIA's PureVideo HD.
The 8600GT brings affordable faster video processing with higher resolution rendering – especially in heavy shading. It processes video with 32 stream processors fed by 512MB of 128-bit double-pumping GDDR2 SDRAM running at 800MHz to deliver 2560 x 1600 resolution. The core clock runs at 540Mhz and the 400MHz RAMDAC lets you use two monitors for increased workflow or wide-screen gaming.
Video can be streamed via the S-Video, Composite, or HDTV outputs. An onboard fan aids both board cooling and case airflow so you're ready to go right out of the box. Choose the NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT card to bring best-in-class graphic performance and flexible video output at a middle-of-the-road price.
- NVIDIA Unified Architecture with GigaThread TechnologyThe fully-unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics and pixel shading operations, delivering incredibly true-to-life 3D graphics. In addition, the massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
- Full Microsoft DirectX 10 SupportThe DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
- NVIDIA Lumenex EngineThe NVIDIA Lumenex Engine supports 128-bit and 64-bit floating point HDR with up to 16X anti-aliasing, delivering vividly realistic lighting effects while obliterating "jaggies".
- NVIDIA SLI TechnologyDelivers up to 2X the performance of a single GPU configuration for unmatchable gaming experiences. The must-have feature for PCI Express graphics, NVIDIA SLI technology allows two graphics cards to run in parallel and dramatically scales performance on today's hottest games.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD TechnologyThe combination of high-definition video decoding acceleration and post-processing delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for all video content, especially movies.
- Built for Microsoft Windows VistaBuilt for Windows Vista, NVIDIA's fourth-generation GPU architecture offers users the best possible experience using the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface available in Microsoft latest operating system.