A full featured motherboard with plenty of power, the Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 is great motherboard for anyone needing to replace or upgrade their system. Equipped with an AMD socket AM2, suitable for Athlon 64 processors, including the X2 and FX series, the GA-M57SLI-S4 is more than capable of handling anything you may want to run. Using the Nvidia nForce 570 SLI chipset, it supports SLI, letting you use 2 graphics cards together for even more processing power.
It also includes a gigabit Ethernet port, 7.1 channel onboard sound, and 6 SATA ports. Add multiple hard drives to the system through those two ports. The GA-M57SLI-S4 supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5. It also has multiple expansion slots to use, including two x16, and three x1 PCIe slots, plus an additional two PCI slots. For anyone building a strong, stable system, the Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 is a great foundation.
- AMD Socket AM2This motherboard supports AMD’s Socket AM2-based CPUs, including the Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64 FX and Athlon 64 series. With a 2000MHz system bus using Hyper Transport Technology and support for dual-channel DDR2 RAM, AM2 motherboards form the basis for phenomenal system performance.
- NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI Chipset for High Performance GamersNVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCPs deliver outstanding gaming experiences. Enjoy scalable graphics performance with NVIDIA SLI technology and take advantage of NVIDIA FirstPacket technology to prioritize gaming traffic for reduced ping times. Other advanced features include SATA 3Gb/s RAID, dual Gigabit LAN and High Definition Audio.
- Dual PCI Express x16 SlotsWith dual PCI Express x16 slots (SLI at both 8X), blaze graphic performance with NVIDIA SLI Multi-GPU function or extend your desktop with dual video out solutions on a single motherboard!
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. Six 3Gb/s SATA II ports support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 0+1 for better performance and enhanced data security.
- NVIDIA Native Gigabit EthernetThe industry’s fastest Gigabit Ethernet performance eliminates network bottlenecks and improves overall system efficiency with FirstPacket technology for lower latency and TCP/IP acceleration for system performance optimization by offloading CPU-intensive packet filtering tasks to hardware.
- S/PDIF In/Out InterfaceS/PDIF allows connections to today's hottest digital audio devices without signal loss. Connect S/PDIF out to an AC-3 decoder for full-on theater quality digital sound.