Introducing Z690 AORUS TACHYON motherboard, a new generation of motherboard ideal for overclocking enthusiasts and hardcore gamers. It is constructed with innovative designs and fast connectivity options to unleash the full potentials of Intel 12th generation Intel CPU, DDR5 memory, and PCIe 5.0 graphics card for performance demanding applications. Fast speed is not enough, because overclocking enthusiasts and hardcore gamer always want more. The motherboard offers a suite of built-in overclocking buttons and switches for easy tweaking.
Digital PWM Controller
VRM design uses RENESAS RAA229131 PWM controller that directly drives 15 phases for the highest efficiency.
105A Power Stage
Each vcore VRM phase uses 105A RAA220105 Power stage for maximum current capacity under extreme overclocking.
Tantalum Capacitor Matrix
VRM design uses 100% full tantalum polymer capacitors for better transient response and less mechanical interference with extreme overclocking cooling device.
Dual CPU Power Connectors
Dual 8 pin CPU power connectors with metal shielding provide maximal current input to processor.
To unleash full potential of multi-core CPU performance
For CPU integrated GPU performance
Provide stable power for CPU integrated PCIe & Memory controller
GIGABYTE DIRECT VRM DESIGN
The more advanced manufacturing process and the higher core count on the new generation of CPUs, requires motherboards to utilize a more sophisticated VRM design to make CPUs run at their full potential. GIGABYTE uses fully DIRECT VRM DESIGN, high quality MOSFETs and tantalum polymer capacitors to achieve higher efficiency, lower voltage ripple and lower temperature than traditional parallel VRM design.
Tantalum Polymer Capacitor Matrix
By using 100% tantalum polymer capacitors design, it's easier for professional overclockers to insulate VRM area and use LN2 pot to cool down CPU without mechanical interference.
Improved Transient Response
With DIRECT VRM DESIGN and TANTALUM POLYMER CAPACITOR, Z690 motherboards transient response, voltage ripple and stability is highly improved under overclocking and heavy loading condition.
- GIGABYTE exclusive circuit design unlocks Native DDR5 voltage control
- Transforms Native DDR5 memory module to Overclocked DDR5 memory
- Increases DDR5 memory overclocking performance and capability
- Supports all PMIC vendors for maximum compatibility
* Memory overclocking capability will vary based on users' hardware configuration.
With 2-DIMM daisy chain memory trace layout, Z690 AORUS TACHYON can achieve the shortest memory DIMM distance between CPU, therefore reach the highest memory clock and the lowest latency.
Shielded Memory Routing
DDR5 Auto Booster
Automatically Boost the Native DDR5 frequency to 5000 MHz while the system is under heavy loading by a single click.
DDR5 Memory Upgrade
GIGABYTE BIOS offers pre-defined and retrievable profiles for users to get higher performance easily. The profiles are based on a database that is created by checking each memory IC and PMIC vendors to optimize the modules to unleash their full potential. This is a time saving feature to manually configure overclocked DDR5 memory kits.
- Instantly upgrade memory performance
- Overclock Native and XMP 3.0 DDR5 memory to higher frequency easily
- No need to input dozens of memory parameters such as clock, voltage and timings
- Built-in a wide variety of pre-tuned profiles database for different memory IC vendors
XMP 3.0 User Profile
Define and create your own SPD profile into Native and XMP 3.0 memory modules or apply the pre-tuned profiles to XMP 3.0 User Profile. Two user-defined profiles can be saved, loaded either locally or from/to an external storage device.
- Two empty SPD profiles can be defined by users and carry to next computer
- Transfer DDR5 XMP Booster profiles into XMP 3.0 User Profiles
- Quick memory performance simulation based on user input clock and timing parameters
- Profile save and load function to share your memory parameters online
PCIe 5.0 DESIGN
GIGABYTE Z690 Motherboards are ready to work with the upcoming PCIe 5.0 devices which are expected to experience double bandwidth than the current PCIe 4.0 devices. To reach the high speed and maintain good signal integrity, Gigabyte R&D uses the low impedance PCB to provide the maximum performance.
PCIe 4.0 M.2 Performance
Intel 802.11ax WIFI 6E
Intel latest Wireless solution 802.11ax WIFI 6E with new dedicated 6 GHz band, enables gigabit wireless performance, provides smooth video streaming, better gaming experience, few dropped connections and speeds up to 2.4Gbps*. Moreover, Bluetooth 5 provides 4X range over BT 4.2 and with faster transmission.
Benefits of WIFI 6E
- Dedicated spectrum in 6G Hz band for less interference
- 5X throughput than 802.11ac 1x1*
- 4X better network capacity, no traffic jams especially in those dense area with lots of devices
- Network efficiency increase for better user experience
- Adoption of 2.5G LAN provides up to 2.5 GbE network connectivity, with at least 2X faster transfer speeds compared to general 1GbE networking, perfectly designed for gamers with ultimate online gaming experience.
- Support Multi-Gig(10/100/1000/2500Mbps) RJ-45 Ethernet
WIFI 6E Advantage
Spectrum congestion is huge problem in current WIFI environment nowadays because too many devices all use existing 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz spectrum, and it causes unreliable connection and slower speed. WIFI 6E is extended standard to WIFI 6, and it uses dedicated 6 GHz band that it provides not only brand new frequency to transfer data, but also spacious spectrum for future more devices. With WIFI 6E, users can enjoy faster connection and stronger signal than before.
- All new antenna supports 802.11ac 2.4GHz & 5GHz with 4dBi signal gain
- 2x signal strength compared to traditional antenna design
- Two antennas with smart antenna function for the best WIFI signal transmitting
- Multiple angle tilt and magnetic base for the best signal strength direction and location
Dual USB 3.2 Gen2x2 TYPE-C
Power On/Off system.
Allows the system to automatically reboot with default or safe settings without having to clear CMOS settings first. This is useful in situations when users fail to boot up the system with their self-defined memory parameters.
Cold Reset Button
Use this button to force your system to reboot. This is usually used if a CPU crash or memory errors occur or warm reset doesn't work when tuning your system settings. Hitting this button to force the system to shut down and boot again.
Clear BIOS setting.
CPU Ratio Switch
Raise or lower CPU ratio manually.
Use multimeter to contact those points to measure different voltage values.
OC Trigger Switch
This switch can be used to lower the CPU frequency to cool down the CPU temperature before running a benchmark without having to change any software settings. Instantly setting the TGR switch back to its default position when the benchmark begins will revert the CPU frequency to the original value.
Enhanced LN2 Mode
Dependent on the LN2 Mode Switch setting (unavailable if LN2_SW is set to 1). Enabling this switch will allow the CPU to boot up at a temperature as low as possible.
The SB switch allows enabling or disabling of the Dual BIOS function.
The BIOS switch (BIOS_SW) allows users to easily select a different BIOS for boot up or overclocking, helping to reduce BIOS failure during overclocking.