Date Joined: 02/06/19
Pros: - Seasonic is one of the most reputable PSU manufacturers out there.
- The fact there's a 10 year warranty tells me they're built to last.
- The included PSU tester is a nice touch and a really easy way to confirm it works.
- Being fully modular it was much easier to install and cable manage.
- It's completely silent. Absolutely no coil noise. The fan is also silent when hybrid mode is disabled.
- Enough PCIe cables for those power hungry 3x8 pin GPUs.
- It's fairly short, so it should be great in smaller cases too.
Cons: - The advertised cloth PSU and cable bags weren't included with mine, but they did add an extra slip which explains why. (Pictured)
- The MOBO cable is fairly thick and somewhat difficult to flex.
- I'd prefer if each of the included PCIe cables only had a single 6/8 pin connector instead of 2.
Overall Review: Just a month ago an 850W PSU used to seem rather insane to the average builder, I mean this thing is way overkill for my system, as it stands now at least.
My old 650W was definitely more than enough for my RTX 2060 and i5-9600K that I only sometimes run at a 4.9GHz OC.
But of course, I'm not stupid and didn't get this PSU for no reason. *cough*RTX 3080*cough*
This thing should be more than enough for even the monstrous RTX 3090 Founders Edition, likely even the more power hungry AIB cards that should also come out.
Pros: - Great looking
- Built in RGB controller
- Lots of room, easy to build in
- Lots of cable management room
- Lots of velcro cable straps
- Tons of airflow
- Stock intake fans are fairly powerful
- Comes with a bunch of accessories
Cons: - Mine doesn't sit flat (fixed by sitting it partly on my mount pad)
- Limited mounting options for 140mm fans in front intake
- Cable sliders aren't exactly ideal
- Stock fans feel cheap, are 3 pin 12v instead of PWM and make a noticeable drone past 710rpm
Overall Review: I was tired of having almost no airflow with my old NZXT H500, but I also wanted to add some RGB. All the reviews I saw told me this was the case I wanted.
I waited a month for this case to become available here in Canuckistan and ordered mine without hesitation the moment I saw it available on Newegg.
I feel I can say I made the right choice, even if it was kinda expensive.
Yes it's not perfect, but I'm rating it 5/5 anyway cause I like it that much.
All of my case fans at the time of review are Noctua NF-A14 Chromax, each fitted with a Phanteks Halos Digital (non-Lux).