Are you an E-Blast Insider?
ICY DOCK Full Metal 6 x 2.5" SATA HDD & SSD HotSwap Backplane Cage Mobile Rack for 5.25" Drive Bay - ToughArmor MB996SP-6SB
- Fits six 2.5" SATA SSD/HDD in a 5.25" device bay
- Support SATA 6Gb/s with no speed reduction
- Heavy duty full metal construction
- Rear cooling fan with High/Low/Off switch
ToughArmor MB996SP-6SB - Six 2.5" SATA HDD Hot Swap Mobile Rack
The 5.25" device bay has been a long standard in computer history. It started with legacy industrial PC cases in the the '90s, all the way to today's Micro ATX cases. The 5.25" bay has been widely used for optical drives such as DVD and Blue-ray, or with even a single 3.5" hard drive with mobile rack. However, it was almost impossible to use a single 5.25" bay to create complex RAID storage - that is, without the MB996SP-6SB Full Metal 6 x 2.5" SATA Hard Drive & SSD Backplane. This is a device commercially designed for Medical & Military systems, Media servers, IPCs, HTPCs, and All-In-One computers, and it's approved & used by Tier 1 companies.
High Capacity RAID Storage in Limited Space
Utilizing the standard 5.25" bay form factor, the compact design allows the enclosure to be used in various applications, catering to a wide audience. The MB996SP-6SB excels for use in advanced RAID applications such as building dual RAID 5 arrays or high performance 4 drives in RAID 0 plus RAID 1 array for back up, all in a single 5.25" device bay. The MB996SP-6SB is extremely useful for powerful small servers, gaming rigs, home servers or HTPC's due to its high capacity and space saving design. It is also perfect for users who needs non-RAID JBOD storage and save different contents in different drive locations. It supports wide-range of applications which is the true value of the MB996SP-6SB.
Rock Solid Construction
Making sure your drives or expensive SSDs are in good hands and last as long as possible is carefully considered in any build or design. The MB996SP-6SB is capable of holding up in various environments, with its heavy-duty, full-metal construction throughout the entirety of the body and its components. ToughArmor's full-metal design is also perfect for industrial and medical devices that may require a flammability rating as the full metal material is considered to already comply with flammability requirements.
The metal material used grants heat dissipation transfer from the hard drives to the backplane cage. Lastly, Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) and EMI grounding are used to ensure a stable environment for the hard drives or SSD's used, dramatically improving reliability.
Absolute Control of Your 2.5" Hard Drive or SSD
Bringing more utility your hard drives or SSDs, LED's are installed into the front of the mobile rack to provide individual drive status information at all times. Active Power Technology (APT) allows each LED and the cooling fan to be active only when a hard drive is inserted into the same bay of the enclosure.
A 40mm cooling fan is placed directly at the center of the rear panel, providing equivalent airflow throughout the entire cage. Depending on your needs, you may need the fan to be at a higher speed, or completely off for silent operation, and so a 3-Mode Fan Speed Control has been added to flexible in various situations.
Using the EZ Slide Micro trays makes drive interchangeability and maintenance completely hassle free. For drive security, the Eagle-hook lock system on the tray makes sure your hard drives will not eject when not needed. The trays are also designed to accommodate 7mm to 9.5mm height hard drive and SSD, creating a 2.5" hot swap bay for any standard SATA hard drives and SSDs.
With various systems to accommodate, dual 4-pin to 15-pin power adapters are included to fully accommodate all users.
- Heavy duty full metal construction with commercially designed for: Medical & Military systems, Media servers, and IPCs, approved & used by Tier 1 companies.
- Perfect for rugged applications and complies to flammability requirements.
- Fits 6 x 7mm to 9.5mm 2.5" SATA hard drives or SSD's in a single 5.25" bay for high performance RAID applications.
- Full Metal construction with aluminum body, to protect your drives.
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT) - Creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs.
- Active Power Technology (APT) - Individual led & cooling fan only powers up if there is a drive installed in the bay.
- 3-Mode Fan Speed Control - Adjust cooling settings (High, Low, or Off) for your specific needs.
- Eagle-hook lock system keeps drives secured within the enclosure.
- Switch between 4-pin and 15-pin power connection with included adapter.
- Removable tray system for easy maintenance.
- Supports SATA 6Gbps and hot swap.
|Host Interface:||6 x 7-Pin SATA|
|Drive Fit:||6 x 2.5" SATA I / II / III SSD or HDD (9.5mm thickness)|
|Device Fit:||Single 5.25" half-height device bay|
|Transfer Rate:||Up to 6 Gbps (depending on hard drive speed)|
|Power Input:||2 x 4-Pin Molex power port or 2 x 15pin SATA power port
(with included 4- to 15-pin adapter cables)
|Insert & Extract connection Via:||Direct SATA hard drive connection|
|Structure:||Aluminum & SECC|
|Drive Cooling:||40mm rear cooling fan with fan switch (High/ Low/ Off)
Metal heat dispersion
|Power Indicator:||Solid Green LED|
|HDD Access Indicator:||Flashing Amber LED|
|Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.8 x 5.75 x 1.6"|
|Number of 2.5" HDD/SSD Supported||1||1||2||2||4||4||4||6|
|Supports 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD|
|Supports 2.5" SAS HDD/SSD|
|Supports SATA 6Gbps|
|Supports SAS Dual Channel|
|Supports 1 Slim ODD Drive|
|7 - 9.5mm Height Drive|
|12.5 - 15mm Height Drive|
|Fits in 3.5" Floppy Bay|
|Fits in 5.25" Device Bay|
|Lock on Each Drive Tray|
|Full Metal Construction|
|Designed for Enterprise|
|Active Power Technology (APT)|
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- This item is covered by BeachAudio Return Policy
- *Subject to applicable law