Date Joined: 03/12/12
Pros: -G-Sync Compatible
-Sensible button placement for OSD menu, they're also physical and not touch buttons
Cons: -OSD Menu could be expanded on. You can tweak the GameVisual presets but I wish they had just thrown in a "User" preset. At the moment I have tweaked "Racing Mode" to be my daily driver user mode.
-HDRn't.... can we stop calling monitors with peak 300-350nits with no full dimming arrays HDR?
-ELMB Sync brightness does vary quite a bit in my testing so I chose to not use the feature.
Overall Review: Overall this is a great monitor but do not get this for the "HDR". If you're in the market for a monitor that's 1440p, IPS, 1ms, G-Sync Compatible and can hit 165hz, you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal than this.
Pros: + 3 included silent be quiet! fans, they're actually silent.
+ The sound dampening is very effective. My WD Velociraptor hard drive that screeches terribly can't be heard, neither can my GTX 970 up to 65% fan speed.
+ The case fans are completely silent, the only ones I do hear are my 2000rpm corsair cpu fan and that's quieter than before.
+ The construction is solid, it feels very sturdy. The panels resist being dented or bending even under heavy force.
+ Removable feet. The anti-slip rubbed pads on the bottom are great and it won't budge on my hardwood floor.
+ Room for 2 SSDs on the cable management side.
+ Removable drive cages for SSD and HDD.
+ Plenty of room in the back for cable management.
It's sexy, it's solid and most importantly, it's QUIET. If I were to replace my corsair fans with bequiet fans, this build would be near SILENT to the human ear.
Cons: - The docking part of the 3.5 cage is welded onto the bottom of the case. It's a waste of space if you don't use 3.5 HDDs and limits liquid cooling capabilities.
- No way to install larger radiator in the front.
- The case comes apart OK but requires too much force to remove the top and front, I feel like I might rip out the case connectors on the top from a pull that's a couple newtons too hard.
- While not a deal breaker by any means, I'd prefer a removable hinge for the side panels instead of thumbscrews and latch. The latching is still better than most cases.
- Needs more cable management points in the back. You get 1 extra that you can attach but at this price point I'd like to see at least 2.
- Needs a half cm or more of headroom. My 120 radiator fan and 120 rear exhaust fan touch if I install the radiator on the top.
Overall Review: At the end of the day, this is still an amazing case but with a few flaws. If you're looking for a quiet build, this will not let you down. You will need to keep in mind that certain configurations won't work or they'll be an awkward fit. I hope be quiet! takes into consideration some of the oversight because it's only one refinement away from being a stellar case that can be practical for almost any build.