Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - Newegg shopping upgraded ™
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Company Reports Impressive Sales from Black Friday to Cyber Monday
December 3, 2014 – Los Angeles, CA – Newegg, the leading tech-focused e-retailer in North America, today offered insight into this year’s hottest tech products based on sales during the Black Friday-Cyber Monday sales cycle. This four-day period, with its heavy influx of customers and sales, provides insight into consumer purchasing behavior for the holiday shopping season. Newegg continues to be one of this holiday’s best destinations for technology enthusiasts (and those who shop for them).
“We’ve been delivering great deals the entire month of November and, like every other year, we are seeing some interesting trends we thought would help non-tech shoppers buy for their tech-savvy friends and family members,” said Soren Mills, Chief Marketing Officer of Newegg North America. “Whether you’re buying for a gamer, someone who builds their own computers, or someone who just likes gadgets, Newegg has what you’re looking for, at prices your wallet will appreciate.”
As Newegg closes the books on a very successful November, these trends have emerged:
1. Gaming laptops – Once reserved only for hardcore gamers, gaming laptops are now attracting interest from a wide range of customers – from kids purchasing their own computers to take to friends’ houses and other gaming meet-ups, to businesspeople who seek higher-performance notebook computers to avoid glitches and crashes during important presentations. Professional gamers are using them, so can you.
2. SSD – SSD sales are a perennial favorite among Newegg’s customers – a nod to their DIY spirit and constant desire to keep their computers in peak condition. Inexpensive storage solutions never seem to go out of style, and this year is no exception.
3. Monitors and TVs – These devices are always in demand, but more so this year than in years past. On the high end of the spectrum, there is growing demand among early adopters to purchase 4K displays. Naturally, this has caused HD screens to drop dramatically in price making them a real bargain this year.
4. Video Graphics Adapters (VGA) – Though Newegg has always been a top-tier source for VGA, the rise of 4K technology has infused the market with some early adopters looking for the most impressive tech the market has to offer. Sales of traditional VGA tech remain strong as well, accounting for the lion’s share of all VGA sales this year. In particular, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980/970 card sales have been very strong during this holiday.
5. Emerging product categories – Emerging product categories don’t often account for a large percentage of overall sales, however they are indicative of which categories will be popular in the very near future. Case in point, we’ve seen a significant uptick in sales of 3D printers. This category was all but nonexistent a couple of years ago, but now more affordable 3D printers –from entry-level offerings like the daVinci (EITHER 1.0 OR 2.0 DUO/AIO) from XYZprinting to more professional offerings like Zeepro’s Wi-Fi enabled ZIM—are kicking this category into high gear. Of course, people have been snapping up traditional laser printers, too, because the prices are just so appealing now. The Google Chromecast streaming player has also been selling quite well this year.
Newegg will continue to offer enticing deals for the remaining three weeks of the holiday shopping season. For the latest information about Newegg’s holiday deals, visit: http://www.newegg.com/hhl
About Newegg Inc.
Newegg Inc. is the leading electronics-focused e-retailer in the United States. It owns and operates Newegg.com (www.newegg.com) which was founded in 2001 and regularly earns industry-leading customer service ratings. The award-winning website has more than 25 million registered users and offers customers a comprehensive selection of the latest consumer electronics products, detailed product descriptions and images, as well as how-to information and customer reviews. Using the site's online tech community, customers have the opportunity to interact with other computer, gaming and consumer electronics enthusiasts. Newegg Inc. is headquartered in City of Industry, California. The Newegg Hybrid Center is located at 18045 Rowland St., City of Industry, CA 91748.