The RocketRAID 4300 series controllers feature the Intel IOP348@1.2GHz I/O Processor. The Intel IOP348 is the fastest I/O processor in Intel’s product line. The RocketRAID 4300 series has unparalleled design flexibility to support both high performing SAS and lower cost SATA hard drive configurations.
By utilizing the Intel IOP348 the RocketRAID 4300 series offers unlimited storage design flexibility from scalability, cost and performance perspectives. The use of the Intel IOP348 for the RocketRAID 4300 series supports both direct-attach and SAS expander connectivity modes.
The RocketRAID 4300 family series are powered by Intel IOP348 and have a maximum of 512MB of ECC DDR-II onboard cache. The RocketRAID 4300’s family series support the fastest bus speeds at PCI-Express x8 and offer complete port connectivity with 8 internal, 8 external and hybrid (4 internal and 4 external) configurations.
- Backwards Compatible to SATA!With two internal mini-SAS ports, the HighPoint RocketRAID 4320 supports both 3.0 Gb/s SAS and SATA II devices for enhanced flexibility and speed.
- RAID SupportThe HighPoint RocketRAID 4320 supports multi-level RAID configuration including RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50 and JBOD for better performance, enhanced data security and flexible capacity upgrades..
- On-board I/O ProcessorThe HighPoint RocketRAID 4320 features an integrated 1.2GHz Intel IOP348 processor for fast hardware RAID parity calculations.
- 256MB Cache Memory with ECC Protection256MB of DDR2 533 SDRAM with ECC protection is integrated into the HighPoint RocketRAID 4320 for maximum data integrity.
- PCI Express x8 InterfaceCompatible with PCI Express x16 slot, the PCI Express x8 interface provides sufficient throughput and full-duplex operation for enhanced performance.