- $35.05 ea.
- $34.75 ea.
- $34.15 ea.
- + FREE SHIPPING
Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
ICY DOCK DuoSwap MB971SPO-B Tray-Less 3.5" SATA HDD Mobile Rack and Ultra-Slim 9.5mm ODD Bay for External 5.25" Bay
- 1 x 3.5" Drive and 1 x Ultra Slim ODD to 5.25" Bay
- SATA I/II/III
Tray-Less 3.5” SATA HDD Mobile Rack and Ultra-Slim 9.5mm ODD Bay for External 5.25” Bay
The ICY DOCK DuoSwap MB971SPO-B combines a 3.5” hot-swap drive bay with a 9.5mm ultra-slim ODD bay, all in a single external 5.25” bay. The tray-less design makes it hassle-free to install or remove 3.5” hard drives, simply slide in the bare 3.5” HDD and it’s connected. There’s no need to deal with screws, trays, or tools. Its quick-release drive ejection button makes swapping drives easier than ever, with a spring-loaded arm that pops the drive out. The power switch and LED status light give you full control over connecting your drive. The bottom bay lets you install any 9.5 height ultra-slim optical drive, making it easier to view and transfer your optical media storage such as CD, DVD, and Blu-ray medias. Both the 3.5” drive and ultra-slim ODD device are powered by a single 15-pin SATA power connector, reducing cable clutter and adding space efficiency to the system. Optionally, an additional ICY DOCK 2.5” HDD / SSD hot-swap kit can be added to the 3.5” drive bay or optical bay of the MB971SPO-B if access 2.5” (laptop) drives is required.
Made for Space Saving
DuoSwap MB971SPO-B is perfect for small-form-factor systems, compact gaming PCs, media & home theater PCs, in-vehicle computer and home servers. Due to system space limitation with these compact systems, you’re often made to choose between the features you need. With the DuoSwap, you don’t have to choose, you can install your 3.5” data drive, and optical drive / ODD device, all in a single 5.25” bay.
Hassle-Free ODD & 3.5” HDD Installation
To install an Ultra-Slim 9.5mm ODD device, simply insert it into the lower bay and secure the device with the included screws. To install the 3.5” HDD, simply insert the bare 3.5” SATA drive into the upper bay and press it in, there’s no need for trays, screws, or tools for 3.5” drive installation.
Safety Enhanced Drive Guiding Mechanism
Inserting a 3.5” drive is aided by the dual-action drive guiding mechanism & stabilizer. This ensures that the drive maintains a firm and stable connection to the internal SATA connector, and protects against damage if the system is bumped. When inserting a drive, this mechanism acts to guide the drive directly into the connector, ensuring that it is easily compatible with all 3.5” HDDs. Ejecting the 3.5” drive in the MB971SPO-B is as easy as pressing a button. Once pressed, the ejection arm will gently and safely pop out your drive.
Packed with Features
To monitor drive activity and know when your 3.5” drive is active, a LED status light is included. A solid blue light indicates the device has power, and an flashing blue light is shown when the drive is in use.
For your convenience, a power switch is included for the 3.5” HDD. This allows you to physically cut power to a drive, without having to fully remove it from the Duoswap. Excellent for drives containing sensitive data that is best kept as cold storage until needed.
The 3.5” bay has a spring-loaded dust cover that stays closed when a drive is not in use. Additionally, the ODD bay has a detachable dust cover that can be stored inside of the unit when the ODD bay is occupied and can be reinserted back as dust cover if the bay is empty. This keeps your system free of dust, and maintains the look of the front of your case when not using individual bays.
The DuoSwap MB971SPO-B supports both 7-pin SATA data and 15-pin SATA power cables with locking latches so you’ll never need to worry about cables unintentionally disconnecting from your enclosure. Once these cables are connected, they’ll lock into place and stay that way.
Optional 2.5” SSD / HDD Hot-Swap Kits
An optional ICY DOCK 2.5” SSD / HDD hot-swap kit can be added when access 2.5” SSD / HDD is required. The DuoSwap MB971SPO-B’s is compatible with ToughArmor MB411SPO-2B 2.5” HDD to ODD enclosure and EZConvert 2.5” to 3.5” drive converters. Both kits support drive hot-swap function and are backed up with 3 year warranty.
- Compatible with any standard 5.25” external bay
- Fits 1x 3.5” SATA HDD and 1x 9.5mm Ultra-Slim ODD device
- Dual-purpose drive guiding mechanism & stabilizer
- Tray-less, screw-less, tool-less 3.5” drive installation
- Spring loaded dust cover for 3.5” bay, snap-off dust cover for ODD bay
- Both bays powered by a single 15-pin SATA power connector
- Eagle-hook lock system keeps drives secured within the enclosure
- Cool blue drive activity LED, solid blue for power, flashing blue for drive activity
- Front access HDD power switch, physically disconnect power without removing drive
- Ideal storage upgrade kit for small-form factor system that has limited expansion space such as compact gaming PCs, media center PCs, HTPCs, in-vehicle computers, and home servers
- Locking latch design for both 7 pin SATA connector and 15 pin power adapter
- Industry leading 3 year warranty with exceptional customer support
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- This item is covered by NothingButSavings Return Policy