- + FREE SHIPPING
Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Intel 730 Series 2.5" 480GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDSC2BP480G4R5
- SATA 6Gb/s
No-Compromise Storage has Arrived
The Intel® Solid-State Drive (Intel® SSD) 730 Series combines enthusiast-grade performance with the endurance and dependability that has traditionally been reserved for data center storage products. In other words, it's the best of both worlds, and what that means to you is freedom from compromise.
Equip Your Next Build with an Intel® Solid-State Drive 730 Series and Get:
- Optimized Performance – We specially qualified components and pushed factory performance tuning limits by boosting the controller speed by 50 percent and NAND bus speed 20 percent. The result, 50µs read latencies, consistently high transfer rates of up to 550MBps sequential reads, and up to 89,000 IOPS random reads.
- Data Center DNA – Gain extreme endurance - up to 70GB of writes per day compared to the industry typical 20GB per day - and enjoy peace-of-mind dependability throughout the life of the drive with advanced firmware algorithms, delivering performance consistency across all data types.
- RAID Performance Scaling – Achieve extreme storage performance for the most demanding usage models with RAID 0 configurations combining two or more Intel® SSD 730 Series drives with an Intel® platform supporting Intel® Rapid Storage Technology for throughput exceeding 1,000MBps.
- Quality and Reliability – 3rd generation Intel controller, optimized Intel firmware, and 20nm NAND technology provide dependable up-time for intensive storage workloads - backed by a limited five-year warranty.
730 Series + Intel® Rapid Storage Technology = Amazing Performance
Digital Content Creation experts and PC Enthusiasts know the highest storage performance is achieved with RAID-0 configurations as SSDs saturate the SATA interface. Comparing two 730 Series drives in a RAID-0 array to a single alternative SSD, results in the same capacity and nearly double the performance. As shown below, two 730 Series drives in a RAID-0 configuration can provide throughput numbers exceeding 1000Mbps when coupled with Intel platforms supporting Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Similarly four 730 Series drives in a RAID-0 array with an Intel® chipset based platform can provide performance exceeding 1500MBps.
Intel Data Center DNA = Extreme Endurance & Performance Consistency
Intel® SSD 730 Series also delivers excellent endurance to support the needs of the most demanding client usages. Support for up to 70GB writes per day for five years (compared to the industry typical 20GB) provides piece of mind for digital content creators and PC enthusiasts who demand dependable up-time from their workstations and gaming rigs. The Intel SSD 730 Series drive also brings greater performance consistency to the client market in both single drive and multiple drive RAID arrays. Intel's advanced firmware algorithms allow Intel to deliver client SSDs with "data center" efficiency and dependability throughout the life of the drive.
- Capacities: 240GB, 480GB
- Intel® 20nm NAND Flash Memory
- Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Form Factor: 2.5 inches
- Thickness: 7mm
- Weight: Up to 78 grams
- SATA 6Gbps Bandwidth Performance (Iometer* Queue Depth 32, 128KB3 IO)
- Sustained Seq Read: Up to 550Mbps
- Sustained Seq Write: Up to 470Mbps
- SATA 6Gbps Read and Write IOPS (Iometer Queue Depth 32)
- Random 4KB Reads: Up to 89,000 IOPS
- Random 4KB Writes: Up to 74,000 IOPS
- Latency (average sequential)
- Read: 50µs (Typ.)
- Write: 60µs (Typ.)
- Power Management
- 2.5 inch: 5V or 12V SATA Supply Rail
- Power (5V / 12V)
- Active: 5.0W / 5.5W
- Idle: 1.3W / 1.5W
- Operating: 32 - 158°F (0 - 70°C)
- Non-Operating: -67 - 203°F (-55 - 95°C)
- - Intel® SSD Toolbox with Intel® SSD Optimizer
- - Intel® Data Migration Software
- - Intel® Rapid Storage Technology
- - SATA Revision 3.0
- - ACS-2 (ATA/ATAPI Command Set 2)
- - SSD Enhanced SMART ATA feature set
- - Uncorrectable Bit Error Rate (UBER):
< 1 sector / 10-bit reads
- - Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF):
2 Million Hours
- - Shock (operating and non-operating):
1,000G / 0.5ms
- - Uncorrectable Bit Error Rate (UBER):
- Up to 70GB of writes a day
- Operating: 2.17GRMS (5 - 700Hz)
- Non-operating: 3.13GRMS (5 - 800Hz)
- Certifications and Declarations:
- UL*, CE*, C-Tick*, BSMI*, KCC*, Microsoft* WHCK, VCCI*, SATA-IO*
- Product Ecological Compliance
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 5 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 5 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by PQ Electronics Return Policy