Upgrade your system with the Core i5-760 and own the processor that speeds up when you do. These CPU powerhouses are designed to handle the intense compute and visualization workloads like video games and image editing applications. Core i5 processors allow you to multitask faster and unleash powerful media creation tools.
Best of all, the 8MB of Intel Smart Cache gives you blazing speeds you never realized were possible. Take advantage of Intel Turbo Boost technology which dynamically accelerates CPU performance to match your workload. The Integrated Memory Controller optimizes data bandwidth with support for two-channel DDR3 1066/1333 memory.
Smart Cache provides a higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem while the Core microarchitecture accelerates overall system performance across your applications through energy efficiency. Add the Intel Core i5-760 to your system and you’ll never look back. Experience the convenience, versatility and raw power of Intel Core i5 processors today!
- Intel Core i5 Quad-core ProcessorWith four processing cores, the multitasking monster Quad-Core Intel Core i5 processor delivers fourfold the performance on highly-threaded applications, taking your desktop PC experience into a completely new realm of mega power. The powerful processor delivers serious performance on the ultra-demanding games of today and tomorrow. The innovative 45nm quad-core technology optimizes thermal performance for reduced power consumption and noise.
- Intel Smart CacheIntel Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from faster, more efficient cache subsystem resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
- Intel Turbo Boost technologyIntel Turbo Boost technology automatically allows processor cores to run faster than the base operating frequency if it's operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits, maximizing speed for demanding applications, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload-more performance when you need it the most.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST)EIST allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease average power consumption and average heat production, which means of enabling very high performance while also meeting the power-conservation needs.
- Execute Disable Bit (EDB)Intel's Execute Disable Bit function can prevent certain classes of malicious "buffer overflow" attacks when combined with a supporting operating system. Execute Disable Bit allows the processor to classify areas in memory where application code can execute and where it cannot. When a malicious worm attempts to insert code in the buffer, the processor disables code execution, preventing damage or worm propagation.
- Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT)With Intel VT, one hardware platform functions as multiple "virtual" platforms. For business, Intel VT offers improved manageability, limiting downtime and maintaining worker productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions. In the home, Intel VT allows creating unique user environments for multiple family members using the same platform simultaneously.