With an entirely new 22nm process, the 3nd generation Intel Core i7-3770 Processor achieves dramatic performance gain at low operating voltage. The integrated graphics chip HD Graphics 4000 has been beefed up with more horsepower, the memory controller has been updated to officially support DDR3 1600 or 1333, and there's support for the new PCI Express 3.0 standard. With top-of-the-line speed complemented by Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, a rich set of features, and Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, it delivers 3rd generation visibly smart performance at its best with the flexibility to set your system specs just the way you like.
- Intel Revolutionary 22nm transistors technologyTransistors have now entered the third dimension. Intel brings 22nm 3-D Tri-Gate transistors (the core of microprocessors) to its third generation Core processors Ivy Bridge. Intel's 3-D Tri-Gate transistors are an important innovation needed to continue Moore’s law and deliver an unprecedented combination of performance and power efficiency. By forming conducting channels on three sides of a vertical fin structure, Tri-Gate transistors can have multiple fins connected together to increase total drive strength for higher performance. The new 22nm 3-D Tri-Gate transistors can deliver up to 37% performance increase at low voltage and more than 50% power reduction at low voltage.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0More intelligent, energy-efficient, and dynamic than previous generation, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 gives you accelerating performance when you need it. It delivers an even greater automatic speed increase by allowing processor cores to run faster than the base operating frequency for demanding applications if the processor is operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits.
- Hyper-Threading Technology (HT Technology)Today's Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel HT Technology) delivers thread-level parallelism on each processor resulting in more efficient use of processor resources—higher processing throughput—and improved performance on the multi-threaded software of today and tomorrow.
- Integrated Memory ControllerIntegrated memory controller enables two channels of DDR3 1333/1600 MHz memory, resulting in up to 25.6 GB/sec memory bandwidth. Plus the memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- Intel Smart CacheIntel Smart Cache Technology dynamically allocates the shared cache to each processor core based on workload. This efficient, multi-core-optimized implementation increases the probability that each core can access data from faster, more efficient cache subsystem resulting in significantly reduced latency for frequently used data and improved performance.
- Built-in visualsThe visual features built into the 3nd generation Intel Core processor family deliver everything you need to enjoy a stunning and seamless visual experience. Intel Quick Sync Video and newly-added Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) make media processing incredibly fast. New built-in Intel HD Graphics with DirectX 11 support delivers discrete 3D graphics performance without the needed cost and power of a discrete graphics card, and features Intel Clear Video Technology that enhances video playback, image quality, and color fidelity for a premium visual experience. What’s more, add another dimension to what you see on your PC with Intel InTRU 3D technology which supports stereoscopic 3D Blu-ray playback in full 1080p resolution over HDMI 1.4 and premium audio.