The 2nd generation Intel Core i7-3930K Processor (Sandy Bridge-E) is super-smart, ultra-threaded, and absolutely uncompromising, making it the ultimate desktop processor for content creators and gamers. With Intel Hyper-Threading Technology delivering unmatched 12-thread performance across six cores, 4-channel integrated memory controller, and the large cache size for super low latency and quick response times, this processor will perform when you need them to, in the applications that you need them in.
A killer combination of features including Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, Intel Hyper-Threading Technology and overclocking makes the 2nd generation Intel Core i7-3930K Processor (Sandy Bridge-E) devastatingly powerful. With enhanced system tuning for processor cores, memory, and power levels, you will have the flexibility that allows you to attain extra performance for more complex multimedia applications and immersive gaming. Whether you are a novice overclocker or a seasoned veteran, these processors will have you singing their praises in no time at all.
- Six Core/12 Thread ProcessingProvides six complete execution cores in a single processor package, delivering 12 computing threads to help operating systems and applications deliver additional performance, so users can experience better multitasking and multi-threaded performance across many types of applications and workloads.
- Massive PCIe Graphics BandwidthProvides up to 40 lanes of PCIe bandwidth for PCI Express devices, which can include graphics cards, storage controllers, and additional LAN devices. This processor has more than 2X the PCIe lanes vs. other 2nd Generation Intel Core desktop processors.
- Four Channel Integrated Memory ControllerAn integrated memory controller with four channels of DDR3 1600 MHz offers memory bandwidth up to 51.2 GB/s. Combined with the processor’s efficient prefetching algorithms, this memory controller’s lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0Dynamically increases the processor’s frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom when operating below specified limits. Get more performance automatically, when you need it the most.
- Intel Smart CacheThis large last-level cache enables dynamic and efficient allocation of shared cache to all six cores to match the needs of various applications for ultra-efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX)Intel AVX is a new 256 bit instruction set extension to SSE and is designed for applications that are Floating Point (FP) intensive. Intel AVX improves performance due to wider vectors, new extensible syntax, and rich functionality. This results in better management of data and general purpose applications like image, audio/video processing, scientific simulations, financial analytics and 3D modeling and analysis.