The best just got better.
Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition processor, the successor to former performance-king Core i7 3960X now raises the bar high with world's fastest performance in desktop CPU range. Based on Sandy Bridge-E architecture and built in LGA 2011 package, the Intel Core i7-3970X packs 6-core, 12-thread running at unprecedented 3.5GHz clock frequency, along with gigantic 15MB L3 Cache, quad-channel memory support and 4.0GHz Turbo Frequency that pushes performance to a new height. DIY professionals and extreme users would feel and see the difference in content creation, HD gaming and other demanding applications.
In addition to groundbreaking processing power, an assortment of Intel technology enhancement are also built in, such as Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x), AES New Instructions, Execute Disable Bit, and etc, delivering a dramatic performance boost in various scenarios.
- Six Core/12 Thread ProcessingProvides six complete execution cores in a single processor package, delivering 12 computing threads to help operating systems and applications deliver additional performance, so users can experience better multitasking and multi-threaded performance across many types of applications and workloads.
- Massive PCIe Graphics BandwidthProvides up to 40 lanes of PCIe bandwidth for PCI Express devices, which can include graphics cards, storage controllers, and additional LAN devices. This processor has more than 2X the PCIe lanes vs. other 2nd Generation Intel Core desktop processors.
- Four Channel Integrated Memory ControllerAn integrated memory controller with four channels of DDR3 1600 MHz offers memory bandwidth up to 51.2 GB/s. Combined with the processor’s efficient prefetching algorithms, this memory controller’s lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0Dynamically increases the processor’s frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom when operating below specified limits. Get more performance automatically, when you need it the most.
- Intel Smart CacheThis large last-level cache enables dynamic and efficient allocation of shared cache to all six cores to match the needs of various applications for ultra-efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Intel AVXProcessor instructions that significantly improve floating point performance.