Based on the revolutionary Intel Optane technology, the Intel Optane SSD 905P provides unprecedented read/write performance with low latency to meet most demanding workloads, letting professional users, content creators, and enthusiasts unleash the full potential of their platform. Boasting an industry-leading 10 DWPD, it has the endurance and reliability you can count on for years.
Model # SSDPEL1D380GAX1 comes in the M.2 form factor, making it more versatile and easily fit into compact builds.
With exceptional random storage performance of up to 575K/550K IOPs (4K random reads/writes), and low latency of less than 11µs,1 the Intel Optane SSD 905P is a highly responsive client storage solution, making the processor spend less time waiting and more time computing, thus resulting in greatly increased efficiency. It also enables software developers to optimize applications to take advantage of the unique attributes of Intel Optane technology: Low latency, and high throughput at low queue depth.
The ability to deliver these levels of performance with large and demanding workstation workloads also requires high endurance to ensure storage reliability. That’s why the Intel Optane SSD 905P provides an industry-leading 10 DWPD, making it the highest endurance client SSD in the market today.2 Professionals with the most demanding storage workloads can now tackle even bigger projects with peace of mind, counting on years of performance without the need for frequent drive replacements.
The Intel Optane SSD 905P U.2 and AIC form factors introduce high capacities, allowing users to handle large data sets to better extract the value of Intel Optane technology with workloads that place heavy demands on the storage I/O subsystem. The slim new M.2 form factor offers increased versatility.
|Model Name||Intel Optane SSD 905P Series|
|Capacity (GB)||22x110mm, M.2, 380GB|
|Memory Media||Intel 3D XPoint Memory Media|
|Sustained Sequential Read/Write3||Up to 2,700 / 2,200 MB/s|
|Random 4KB Random Read/Write3||Up to 575,000 / 550,000 IOPS|
|Read/Write Latency||<10 µs / < 11 µs|
|Interface||PCIe 3.0 X 4, NVMe|
|Form Factors, Height, and Weight||M.2 22mm / 110mm / 3.88mm / up to 13 grams|
|Life Expectancy||1.6 million hours Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)|
|Lifetime Endurance4||10 Drive Writes per Day (DWPD)|
|Power Consumption Typical||Active Sequential Read: 6.5W / Active Write: 11.7W / Idle: 2.7W|
|Operating Temperature5||0° C to 85° C|
|RoHS Compliance||Meets the requirements of European Union (EU) RoHS Compliance Directives|
1. System configuration: Motherboard: X299 ASUS Tiachi ASROCK; Processor: Intel Core i9-7900X; BIOS Version 2.0; Windows 10 (x64), version 17134.228; Graphics card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1080 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080; Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB (4x8GB) Frequency 3000 MHz CMR32GX4M4C3000C15; Benchmark: IOMeter 1.01. Measured on 480GB AIC.
2. Endurance defined as the total amount of data that can be written to the SSD in drive writes per day (DWPD). Intel Optane 905P 960GB @ 10DWPD = 17.52 petabytes written (PBW). Market leading drives compared based on specs: Adata XPG SX8200 (480GB) 320 terabytes written (TBW), Samsung 860 Pro (1TB) 1,200 TBW, Samsung 970 Pro (1TB) 1,200 TBW, Crucial MX500 (500GB) 180 TWB, Western Digital Black (1TB) 600 TBW.
3. Sequential performance was measured at queue depth 32 and 1 worker and random performance was measured at queue depth 64 and 8 workers.
4. Based upon the product specification of Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB with an endurance of 8760GB written.
5. Operating temperature is measured by SMART.