Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Kingston HyperX 3K 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Stand-Alone Drive) SH103S3/240G
- SATA III
HyperX performance at an exceptional price.
Budget-minded gamers and enthusiasts will benefit from the lower price of Kingston’s new HyperX 3K SSD. This solid-state drive combines premium 3000 program-erase cycle Toggle NAND with the second-generation SandForce controller. Its lower price means more users can experience ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power. 3K loads games and applications faster, increases frames per second (FPS) for an improved gaming experience and allows for quick transfers and edits of large media files. HyperX 3K provides high-speed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) performance and blazing fast random and sequential read/write speeds. SandForce DuraClass technology provides the latest data integrity protection for ultimate endurance over the entire life of the drive. HyperX 3K SSD comes in a sleek, black and aluminum case design, accentuating the look of any power user’s system.
- Engineered for Cost-effective performanceThe Kingston HyperX 3K Solid State Drives are designed and built for cost-effective performance. By leveraging the latest SATA 6Gbps interface and the second generation of SandForce SSD controller (SF-2281) which features the award winning DuraClass Technology, the HyperX 3K 240GB version pushes the limits in both sequential and random data transfer rates with up to 555MB/s read and 510MB/s write, plus incredible sustained 4KB read/write performance of 40,000/57,000 IOPS. This significantly improves your productivity, gaming, multimedia, and overall computing experience. It is backwards compatible with SATA II / 3Gbps. (Rated speeds may vary slightly depending on the benchmark used, drivers, windows version, bios version and file size.)
- SSD BenefitsUnlike traditional hard disk drives, SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, highly reliable storage solution that also offers faster application loading and system responsiveness. And for laptops and netbooks, the lower power needs of SSD’s translate to extended battery life. Higher performance with more durability means you can be truly mobile with confidence.
- TRIM SupportThe Kingston HyperX 3K offers native TRIM support featured in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Designed to maintain the performance of SSD at an optimal level over the lifetime of the drive, TRIM functions by actively deleting invalid data from the SSD’s memory cells to ensure that write operations perform at full speed. Since a memory block must be erased before it can be re-programmed, TRIM improves performance by pro-actively erasing pages containing invalid data, allowing the SSD to write new data without first having to perform a time-consuming erase command.
- S.M.A.R.T. TechnologyThe Kingston HyperX 3K adopts Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) Technology which enables the PC to predict the future failure. Through the SMART system, the solid state drive incorporates a suite of advanced diagnostics that monitor the internal operations of a drive and provide an early warning for many types of potential problems. When a potential problem is detected, the solid state drive can be replaced before any data is lost or damaged.
- 3.5” bracket includedThe HyperX 3K solid state drive features a standard 2.5-inch form factor for compatibility with notebooks and select desktops. Kingston HyperX 3K stand-alone drive also includes mounting screws and a 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch mounting bracket for compatibility with standard hard drive mounting.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 90 days
- This item is covered by PC-product Return Policy