What do you say about the foundation of everything we do on the PC? Microsoft Windows, since its first release, has become an integral part of our computing lives. From photography to e-mail, gaming to multimedia, Windows is the framework on which all the other applications and programs are built. Without the Windows Graphic User Interface, nothing else would work. This is by design. The developers at Microsoft have worked hard to incorporate every aspect of digital information management and entertainment.
Into digital photography? Windows XP lets you transfer pictures from your digital camera to your computer and helps you organize and share your photos. Open a wide world of fantasy and adventure with PC and online gaming — and take a break from reality to have fun with friends and family at any age. Windows Movie Maker lets you create and edit home movies with a few simple drag-and-drop moves. Then share your movie via the Web, e-mail, your computer, or CD. With its playback features, Windows Media Player lets you enjoy your music and movies whenever you like. Windows Messenger lets you instantly communicate with friends and family all over from your computer, using text chat and even voice and video. Learn new graphic software, and share that, too. Write letters, balance checkbooks, communicate in e-mail worldwide, even learn a new hobby with programs all designed to work only with Windows.
Windows XP includes a suite of features to help you protect your PC from hackers and phishers with the latest security enhancements and regular “patches” from Microsoft. It’s simple and easy to set up for the various users in your family, and there are controls which allow you to restrict and monitor a child’s internet travels. Web browsing is a cinch – Internet Explorer 6 provides a simple interface for web browsing and reading, and helps secure yours system from outside interference. This is the base on which every other personal computing program rests, and is essential for your PC.
- Windows XP Service Pack 2Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) with Advanced Security Technologies helps you protect your PC against dangers such as viruses, hackers, and worms. Install it today!
- Windows Media PlayerPlay your favorite CDs, DVDs, other music or videos and even burn your own custom CDs. Windows XP and Windows Media Player make it easy to go digital.
- My PicturesWindows XP is the best Windows operating system for working with digital photographs. You'll find support for digital cameras and other imaging devices, easy ways to view and manage image files, and lots of interesting ways to share photos with friends and family. Send it by e–mail, post to a Web site, or print them in a variety of sizes!
- Windows Movie MakerWindows Movie Maker is a free video-editing tool included with Microsoft Windows XP. With Movie Maker, turn your home movies into awesome videos that you can share across the Internet, or burn to a CD or DVD. Movie Maker is easy for anyone to use, so don't be afraid to dive in, even if you're not a computer expert.
- Windows MessengerDon't want to wait for an e-mail message, but can't make a phone call? Instant messaging may be just the thing. Windows Messenger, part of Windows XP, is one of the instant messaging programs Microsoft offers.