NVIDIA's 200 series of graphics cards combines cutting edge technology and advanced capabilities together to provide best-in-class performance. The GTX260 boasts 2nd Generation NVIDIA Unified Architecture solution for all your most demanding graphic needs. It’s Microsoft Vista ready and equipped with a PCI-Express 2.0 interface. The GTX260 supports 3-way SLI to seriously crank your performance options by using up to three graphics cards to for insane flow rates.
The card's core clock runs at 655MHz, relieving your CPU of pixel crunching duty. Data surges through the GTX260's 216 stream processors fed by 1792MB of 448-bit 2100MHz GDDR3 memory. Twin dual-linked DVI and 400 MHz RAMDAC lets you display 2560 x 1600 resolution video and graphics on even the largest monitors, or output to your home HDTV via the HDMI connectors (DVI-to-HDMI adapter is included) for maximum flexibility. Built-in support for DirectX 10, OpenGL 2.1, NVIDIA's PureVideoHD, CUDA and PhysX-ready renders even the most intense environmental effects or HD DVD video with brilliant clarity.
The GTX260 delivers fluid frame rates and HD video with solid performance. If your motherboard can take it, the GTX260 can dish it out.
- 2nd Generation NVIDIA Unified ArchitectureSecond generation architecture features enhanced processor cores that provide incredible shading horsepower, cranking out 50% more gaming performance over the previous generation.
- NVIDIA PhysX-ReadyWith NVIDIA’s PhysX physics engine, the GeForce GTX260 creates the most compelling physical effects that mimic the real word, making your gaming experience a truly immersive one.
- Full Microsoft DirectX 10 SupportThe DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
- 3-way NVIDIA SLI TechnologyBy implementing 3-way AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering), 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology brings up to 2.8X performance increase over a single GPU configuration, taking extreme gaming to a whole new level.
- NVIDIA CUDA TechnologyCUDA technology unlocks the processing power of the GeForce GTX260 to solve the most demanding computer-intensive tasks - such as video encoding - in a fraction of the time required on a CPU, so you can work and play at full speed.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD TechnologyThe combination of high-definition video decoding acceleration and post-processing delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for all video content, especially movies.