NVIDIA's 200 series of graphics cards combines cutting edge technology and advanced capabilities for best-in-class performance. The GTX260 is a balanced solution for all your graphic needs. It’s Microsoft Vista ready and equipped with a PCI-Express 2.0 interface. The GTX260 supports 3-way SLI to seriously crank your performance options by using up to three graphics cards for insane flow rates.
The card's core clock runs at 655MHz, relieving your CPU of pixel crunching duty. Data surges through the GTX260's 216 stream processors fed by 896MB of 448-bit 2100MHz GDDR3 memory. Twin dual-linked DVI and 400 MHz RAMDAC lets you display 2560 x 1600 resolution video and graphics on even the largest monitors. Support for DirectX 10, OpenGL 2.1, NVIDIA's PureVideoHD, CUDA and PhysX-ready are built in to render even the most intense environmental effects or HD DVD video with brilliant clarity.
The GTX260 delivers fluid frame rates and HD video with solid performance. If your motherboard can take it, the GTX260 can dish it out.
- Twin Frozr Thermal DesignMultiple heatpipes, extra large heatsink and copper-nickel base maximize heat transfer and dissipation. Plus dual PWM fans effectively dissipate heat from the power module (MOSFET, Capacitors), memory and GPU for the best possible cooling performance.
- NVIDIA PhysX-ReadyWith NVIDIA’s PhysX physics engine, the GeForce GTX260 creates the most compelling physical effects that mimic the real world, making your gaming experience a truly immersive one.
- 3-way NVIDIA SLI TechnologyBy implementing 3-way AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering), 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology brings up to 2.8X performance increase over a single GPU configuration, taking extreme gaming to a whole new level.
- NVIDIA CUDA TechnologyCUDA technology unlocks the processing power of the GeForce GTX260 to solve the most demanding computer-intensive tasks - such as video encoding - in a fraction of the time required on a CPU, so you can work and play at full speed.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD TechnologyThe combination of high-definition video decoding acceleration and post-processing delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for all video content, especially movies.
- HDCP CapableWith integrated High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) support, this card allows playback of HD DVDs, Blu-ray Discs and other protected content at full HD resolutions.