A simple and inexpensive motherboard for the enthusiast or the first time builder, the MSI K9N6PGM-F is a great starting point for anyone wanting to build a system or upgrade their current motherboard. Designed with the small form factor case in mind, this motherboard will fit into most small desktop systems.
Equipped with an AMD socket AM2, suitable for Athlon 64 processors, including the X2 and FX series, the K9N6PGM-F is more than capable of handling anything you may want to run. Using the Nvidia GeForce 6100 chipset with integrated graphics in conjunction with up to 2GB's of DDR2 memory, the it's perfect for those that don’t need a discrete graphics card.
It also includes a gigabit Ethernet port, onboard 7.1 channel sound, and 2 SATA ports. And because of those 2 ports, by adding multiple hard drives to the system the K9N6PGM-F supports RAID 0 and RAID 1. The K9N6PGM-F has multiple expansion slots to use including one x16 and one x1 PCIe slots, plus an additional two PCI slots. Build a powerful system: the MSI K9N6PGM-F is a great foundation.
- AMD Socket AM2This motherboard supports AMD's Socket AM2-based CPUs, including the Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64 FX and Athlon 64 series. With a 2000MHz system bus using Hyper Transport Technology and support for dual-channel DDR2 RAM, AM2 motherboards form the basis for phenomenal system performance
- NVIDIA GeForce 6100 GPU and nForce 410 ChipsetMicrosoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 and NVIDIA's advanced PureVideo technology allow the integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6100 GPU to deliver ultra-realistic effects and unmatched multimedia functionality for incredible PC gaming and multimedia experiences. The NVIDIA nForce 410 MCP also provides SATA 3Gb/s ports with RAID support as well as onboard LAN support.
- Dual-Channel DDR2 800DDR2 next generation memory technology replaces current DDR memory and provides a walloping performance boost. With support for up to 800MHz DDR2 memory, the MSI K9N6PGM-F delivers fantastic performance in extreme 3D graphics environments and in memory intensive applications.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. Two SATA II ports support RAID 0 and 1 for better performance and enhanced data security.
- Gigabit Ethernet ConnectivityThe MSI K9N6PGM-F features a fast Gigabit network interface for high-speed LAN connections at up to 1000Mb/s data transfer rates. Gigabit LAN is ideal for supercharged seamless streaming of Internet audio and video content.