MSI’s R6950 Twin Frozr II/OC is based on the AMD Radeon HD 6950 GPU with 1408 stream processors and 2GB GDDR5 high-speed memory that delivers unbelievable performance and flawless graphics for the uncompromising gamer. The card is equipped with the highly acclaimed Twin Frozr II thermal design which can efficiently lower the core temperature by 6°C and noise level by 19.6dB under full-speed operation.
The MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II/OC features an enhanced second-generation, Microsoft DirectX 11-capable architecture including new VLIW4 core architecture and dual graphics engines that deliver a 10% improvement in performance/mm and up to 2.9x tessellation performance than previous generation. Innovative AMD PowerTune power management technology dynamically adjusts power draw on the fly. Speed up applications and enjoy brilliant video with AMD EyeSpeed visual acceleration. With flexible and cost-effective AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology and AMD HD3D technology for 3D entertainment, the MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II/OC graphics card offers The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- Exclusive Twin Frozr II Thermal DesignThe MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II/OC graphics card is equipped with the advanced Twin Frozr II thermal design, which uses a large surface copper base and high density heatsink to substantially increase the contact area to the GPU heat spreader. The two built-in 8cm temperature-controlled PWM fans and five heatpipes provide the components surrounding the GPU with sufficient air flow and enhanced thermal conductivity, which enhances cooling performance and reduces noise output. Under full load, the unit is 6°C cooler than the reference thermal design and is up to 19.6dB quieter. Under normal operating conditions, the noise level of the cad is under 30dB.
- GPU Overvoltage Function with MSI AfterburnerMSI Afterburner overclocking software allows you to adjust the fan speed, adjust GPU & memory clocking speeds in real time, and tune the voltage of the GPU to completely unleash its power. A real-time monitoring interface and burn-in stability test give gamers the power to control the card's overclocking status at any time. In addition, Afterburner can store up to five different fan profiles to match any situation.
- AMD Eyefinity Technology with Dual DisplayPort 1.2Supporting multiple independent display outputs simultaneously, AMD Eyefinity technology delivers innovative graphics display capabilities enabling massive desktop workspaces and ultra-immersive visual environments for the ultimate panoramic computing experience. The cutting-edge display interface DisplayPort 1.2 boasts features such as 2560x1600 max resolution per display, 21.6 Gbps bandwidth, multi-stream transport and high bit-rate audio, enabling simple, affordable and flexible multi-display configurations.
- Microsoft DirectX 11The very latest in high-speed, high-fidelity gaming and computing, Microsoft DirectX 11 featuring new technologies like Compute Shaders, Direct2D, Multi-threaded Rendering and Tessellation enables not just more visually stunning games, but significant performance improvements in some of your favorite websites and everyday applications.
- Image Quality Enhancement TechnologyThe AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series GPUs boast new image quality features including Enhanced Quality Anti-Aliasing (EQAA), which uses a new sampling technique to help improve visual quality, Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) compatible with any DirectX 9/10/11 application, and improved anisotropic filtering. These enhanced anti-aliasing features enable dramatically improved image quality and enhanced visual quality features for intensely realistic looking games.
- AMD EyeSpeed TechnologyWith AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology and third-generation UVD (Unified Video Decoder) dedicated video playback accelerator, enjoy beautifully rich and clear video playback when streaming from the web. Take in your favorite movies in stunning, stutter-free HD quality and run multiple applications smoothly at maximum speed. Enjoy lightning fast game play and realistic physics effects with enhanced Video Quality features such as advanced post-processing and scaling, dynamic contrast enhancement and color correction, and independent video gamma control.