Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
MSI Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card R6970 Lightning
OUT OF STOCK.
- 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5
- Core Clock 940MHz
- 2 x DVI (1 Single Link, 1 Dual Link) 1 x HDMI 2 x Mini DisplayPort
- 1536 Stream Processors
- PCI Express 2.1 x16
The new member of MSI Lightning Series family, the R6970 Lightning is tailor-made for extreme overclocking. MSI introduces the unique Power4 Architecture to provide the most powerful and stable power for the R6970 Lightning, thus leading to significantly increased overclocking potential. The R6970 Lightning is also rich in exclusive features, including the new Twin Frozr III dual-fan cooling with innovative Propeller Blade technology, Triple Overvoltage through MSI’s Afterburner software and top-quality Military Class II components. MSI R6970 Lightning is designed to offer the ultimate in overclocking capabilities and is the superior choice for overclocking enthusiasts seeking to set new world records!
- MSI Power4 Architecture for Overclocking ReliabilityThe R6970 Lightning inherits the impressive Power4 architecture from previous Lightning series cards along with improved components and design in four areas. Besides the robust 18 phase PWM design, the PWM module is twice as large as before and provides double the amount of current to the GPU. Memory has its own independent power supply using an 8-pin connector for minimum interference to greatly increase overclocking potential. The next-generation Proadlizer capacitor (*4) increases signal stability by leaps and bounds while CopperMOS, with 2x high current capacity, provides the GPU with a large and stable power supply. Combined, these features provide extreme overclocking enthusiasts with a more stable operating environment and the best performance out there.
- Twin Frozr III and Propeller Blade Technology for Supreme CoolingThe all new Twin Frozr III cooling design utilizes the innovative Propeller Blade technology to create 20% more airflow compared to conventional fan blades. The airflow also covers a large surface to remove heat quickly and effectively, and coupled with nickel-plated copper base, twin 9cm PWM fans, SuperPipe technology, and the form-in-one heatsink, the result is 26°C cooler and 12dB quieter than the reference design under full loads.
- GPU/Memory/PLL(VDDCI) Triple OvervoltageThe MSI R6970 Lightning comes with MSI's exclusive Afterburner overclocking utility, which not only adjusts GPU and memory clock but also manage the GPU/Memory/PLL(VDDCI) voltages to maximize overclocking potential. Thanks to Triple Overvoltage, the overclocking capability of the R6970 Lightning can be boosted 20% up when compared with the reference board.
- Extreme Overclocking FunctionsFor hardware enthusiasts, the MSI R6970 Lightning graphic card comes with exclusive extreme overclocking features. Apart from V-Check Points and V-Switch for monitoring and adjusting the GPU/Memory/PLL(VDDCI) voltages in real time, Dual BIOS design enlarges 2.5x PowerTune Range and maximizes CCC limit. PWM Clock Tuner and OCP Unlocker also help to increase overclocking potential. All these functions come together to make the R6970 Lightning the ultimate graphic card for extreme overclocking.
- Top Quality Military Class II ComponentsThe MSI R6970 Lightning graphic card uses top-quality Military Class II components including All Solid Cap for overclocking and full-speed operation, SFC for 10% higher efficiency, and 30% increase in maximum current, as well as Hi-c Cap with Tantalum core which boasts 8 times the lifetime of conventional solid capacitors. These high-quality components not only increase the graphic cards' overall service life but also enhance GPU stability.
- LPL (Lightning Power Layer)Independent circuit design for GPU, memory and power layer decreases noise between different signals to ensure extreme power stability.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy