Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
OCZ Vertex 2 2.5" 55GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G
- SATA II
Based on a cutting-edge new architecture, Vertex 2 Solid State Drives deliver unprecedented performance while maintaining an affordable storage solution for early adopters looking to update their systems with the latest technology. OCZ designed the Vertex 2 to excel in both sequential and random read/write rates to take your PC or notebook productivity to the next level, featuring superb 4KB random writes up to 50,000 IOPS to give a performance edge over the previous generation. Using the latest controller technology, Vertex 2 not only provides a faster, more responsive PC experience, but promotes cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient conditions compared to traditional mechanical hard drives. Built with SATA 3Gb/s, the Vertex 2 Series easily integrates into today’s mobile and desktop platforms and features TRIM support to optimize performance over the drive’s lifespan as the ultimate Windows7 notebook or desktop upgrade.
- SSD Storage TechnologyUnlike traditional hard disk drives, SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, highly reliable storage solution that also offers faster application loading and system responsiveness. And for laptops and netbooks, the lower power needs of SSD’s translate to extended battery life. Higher performance with more durability means you can be truly mobile with confidence.
- Better PerformanceBuilt with MLC NAND flash and the latest generation SandForce SF1200 controller featuring award winning DuraClass Technology, the OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD delivers industry-leading SSD reliability, performance, and power efficiency, with maximum read speed up to 285 MB/s and maximum write speed up to 275 MB/s, plus incredible random 4K write performance of 50,000 IOPS.
- TRIM SupportThe OCZ Vertex 2 Series SSD’s offer native TRIM support than can be enabled in Windows 7. Designed to maintain the performance of SSD at an optimal level over the lifetime of the drive, TRIM functions by actively deleting invalid data from the SSD’s memory cells to ensure that write operations perform at full speed. Since a memory block must be erased before it can be re-programmed, TRIM improves performance by pro-actively erasing pages containing invalid data, allowing the SSD to write new data without first having to perform a time-consuming erase command.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy