Ride the next wave of Solid State revolution with OCZ. The OCZ Vertex offers your system the incredible performance and reliability of flash-based technology at a price that won’t make you wince. The Vertex series is the result of all the latest breakthroughs in SSD technology, including the latest-generation architecture and controller design, complete with 64MB of onboard cache to offer faster transfers and superior overall system response times.
Packing a massive 30GB of storage and low power consuming NAND flash technology in a compact form factor, the OCZ Vertex OCZSSD2-1VTX30G is ideal for ultra-light laptops to extend battery life, increase access time, and provide a durable alternative to traditional HDDs with superior shock resistance. Using the SATA II interface makes retrofitting this 30GB solid state drive into a laptop a breeze.
Nor is it limited to laptops: any system that needs to be physically rugged, or have a silent drive with low power requirements would be happy to get one of these. Just imagine the possibilities with Vertex!
- Editor's Choice from Laptop MagazineTier 1 publication, Laptop Magazine, just awarded the ground-breaking OCZ Vertex Series an Editor’s Choice for outstanding performance and value!
- SSD Storage TechnologyActing without any moving parts, the OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30G solid state disk (SSD) boasts multiple advanced features including zero mechanical noise, faster data rates compared to conventional HDDs, over 1.5-million-hour life span, ultra-low power consumption and impressive shock, vibration and extreme temperature resistance. With these breakthrough capabilities, the SSD meets all the demanding requirements for high-performance data storage.
- 2.5" Form FactorThe OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30G solid state disk is specifically designed for notebook computers equipped with a 2.5" SATA drive bay.
- SATA 3.0 Gb/s InterfaceThe OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30G solid state disk features the next-generation SATA II interface supporting up to 3.0 Gb/s data transfer rates, Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and hot-pluggable point-to-point connections for optimum performance, efficiency, convenience and flexibility.
- Best Overall PerformanceDRAMexchange, top memory industry information site in the world, has published a 12-way SSD shootout in its 1H2009 market analysis. OCZ Vertex 120GB outperforms all 11 competitors in most of tests and gets BEST OVERALL PERFORMANCE!